Louisiana Tech (3/11/22)

CMJ

Just now, CMJ said:

You don't think our defense showed some teeth?  If you told me 3 hours ago we'd give up 42 points, I'd say we win that game 49 out of 50 times.

This.

We didn't lose because of our defensive effort. Their athletes were just too much for us today. It reminded me of playing them in football--they are always bigger and faster than we are. Same thing today. We missed a lot of shots, but most of them were contested.

Silver lining is this probably keeps McCasland here for sure, for another year...

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

36 points is a bit more than "couldn't make shots." It's a point total that deserves ridicule and is an exposure of the team.

It was pretty pathetic. We still

kept burning clock and waiting it out even when we got down by a larger margin. Never adjusted and never changed. Still attempted to rely on the defense to bring us back instead of our shots falling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

It was pretty pathetic. We still

kept burning clock and waiting it out even when we got down by a larger margin. Never adjusted and never changed. Still attempted to rely on the defense to bring us back instead of our shots falling. 

And it did get us back in the game.  LA Tech went on a 7+ minute scoring drought that enabled us to close to within three.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jonnyeagle said:

I hope they will bench Ousmane after this terrible performance.  He had a horrible game.

Yeah…. We couldn’t play the shot blocker who actually makes free throws we brought in…. But we could should dig our heels in when our starter struggled and keep pushing that button that wasn’t working early on….

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Funny…. Everybody was all over that CBI bandwagon and how it propelled us to success. 

Not me. Just like I don’t give a shit about getting the brakes beat off us at the Frisco Smoothie Bowl or whatever, I won’t care about a CBI appearance. The NIT isn’t as bad, but if you can’t make the top 64 because you had 2 bad losses after an otherwise amazing season, count me out. I’m glad the players will be able to get some swag and travel a bit though. Its just not intriguing to me.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

Just now, CMJ said:

And it did get us back in the game.  LA Tech went on a 7+ minute scoring drought that enabled us to close to within three.

Didn’t work against UTEP and previously didn’t work when we were up against  Buffalo ages ago. It kept the score close but the lack of offense is what cost us. Not the lack of defense. We needed to put more pressure on the other end of the floor.