Women vs. Charlotte (3/11/22)

Couldn't have asked for a luckier last 15 seconds down 5. Get a 2 and then steal the inbound after a bad pass. Just froze after the steal. Feel for Gamez. Would have been my choice for the last shot and you know she's mad at herself for fouling out.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Very very tough day for NT basketball. Ladies were not ready for that last play at all, looked surprised when they got the ball off the steal.

Looked to me that they, for about 5 seconds, lost track of the score. The shot they ultimately got off was not great (obviously). The moment that sticks out to me is tied 55-55 and Madison Townley was going to the line and missed both. We never got back into the lead that I remember but got close on multiple occasions. 

• Upvote 2

Great job by Coach Mitchell.  At one point,  everything that could go wrong was going wrong.  Sitting at 2-6 in conference,  the girls finished 1/2 game out of first in the West. They then dominated an ODU team that had beaten them by 10 earlier in the year. They took Charlotte to the wire in the semi-finals.  

So proud of the work put in by Coach Mitchell,  her staff, and all the girls. Amazing season and hopefully a bid to the WNIT.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

I hope they're  in some post-season tournament. They certainly deserve it.

If nothing else, the WBI that they've previously participated in. Women's Basketball Invitational

2019%2BWBI_Bracket.jpg

I don’t THINK we get in the WNIT, but we may not be terribly far off of it. Definitely a possibility. Been about 20 years since the last appearance there. 

4 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I don’t THINK we get in the WNIT, but we may not be terribly far off of it. Definitely a possibility. Been about 20 years since the last appearance there. 

Well, this didn’t age well…thankfully. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I mean, I did say it was “definitely a possibility”…don’t be a jerk. 😃

I didn't mean for it to come off that way, because I was pleasantly surprised at our selection.   You also capitalized "think", so you covered all of your bases.

• Thanks 1