The Official 2022 CUSA Tournament (Non UNT Games) Thread

CMJ

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

So awful to be able to drive just up the road and easily park and walk in to watch r team play…. 

oh…. Also so awful to be able to see multiple games at once and not have to leave the venue to see another team… also how awful to be in walking distance if good food…. How awful….

Good location, bad venue, looks minor league on television. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I'm showing my bias here but I think Miners are feeling good right now and will absolutely bury the Blue Raiders tomorrow.  After everything that has happened the last week, MTSU should be very worried.

I agree. The MUTS struggled away from home this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

The UAB vs FAU matchup has now become the most intriguing for me (aside from our game obviously).  FAU played well late in the season and, after curb stomping USM, you know they have to be playing with confidence. 

After our game (hopefully they let people back in) I’m gonna leave and eat then come back in and watch the other 2 games.

Would love to see FAU and UTEP pull off the upsets. MTSU should be without their leader in Josh Jefferson, so that makes things very interesting.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one not really that worried about UTEP? We lost by 2 after having our worst start and worst shooting performance of the season where Bell couldn't buy a free throw make if his life depended on it. I doubt we shoot that poorly again for the rest of the season. Hell, they thought it was such a big deal, their fans stormed the court. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 2
  • RV 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Am I the only one not really that worried about UTEP? We lost by 2 after having our worst start and worst shooting performance of the season where Bell couldn't buy a free throw make if his life depended on it. I doubt we shoot that poorly again for the rest of the season. Hell, they thought it was such a big deal, their fans stormed the court. 

This time of year, I'm really worried by everyone.

• Upvote 3

If we see them again it will be in the final. 

IIRC, The Star is notorious for disrupting shooting percentages.  FWIW

Honestly, I hope you're right.  Some valid shots are fired here.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Both teams could give us issues, but I feel like WKU has broken my heart more in the past so I am more nervous regarding them.

I agree, no matter how many times we play them, I still feel like we have to steal a win against them

• Upvote 2