Day #2 of Spring Ball

KeithLee

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

10 seconds before you hit send

giphy.gif

It's almost like you think I care what the forum thinks. If Bennett encouraged getting rid of the Murphy twins he's an idiot, which it has been insinuated by the forum that was the case. I don't know if he did or didn't, I'm replying to a rumor. I appreciate what the man has done for our defense an I hope he sticks around for a long time. The twins did draw many penalties and blow assignments, but they also did something I haven't seen in years here, and that was pressure the QB consistently. As long as Bennett can keep the QB pressure game going I don't care that much about the Murphy twins leaving. Again, if it is true Bennett encouraged them to leave, or didn't offer resistance, then I  think that was a huge mistake.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Poor Treib.   Hasn't played a down here and he's already got the hopes of every fan on him to replace or exceed Grayson's production.

You're playing this wrong.  I'm rooting for Treib.  Embrace the expectations! Time to do more than just Hit 6.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

The twins did draw many penalties and blow assignments, but they also did something I haven't seen in years here, and that was pressure the QB consistently. 

10 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Very valid point @peanuts104.  I’m sort of hoping Tom Trieb will help fill the void.

The question is, did they pressure the quarterback consistently before Bennett? Certainly a topic for debate.

• Upvote 1

I doubt that Phil Bennett had much to do with their leaving.  He could've coached the penalties out of them.  My personal belief is that one or more P5s influenced them to leave for greener grass and their dad picked up on that and strongly encouraged them.  Money talks.

• Upvote 4

I am truly excited to see Passwaters develop the next two pass rushers who are going to produce 23.5 sacks over two seasons combined. 

It won't happen again they were special talents, penalties or not, good run defenders or not they were the two most gifted pass rushers we've seen since the Dickey era. 

They will be sorely missed.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I am truly excited to see Passwaters develop the next two pass rushers who are going to produce 23.5 sacks over two seasons combined. 

It won't happen again they were special talents, penalties or not, good run defenders or not they were the two most gifted pass rushers we've seen since the Dickey era. 

What hurts is they were so young and had such bright futures ahead of them.  

• Oh Boy! 1

14 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Penalties are almost always on coaching.  

• Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I doubt that Phil Bennett had much to do with their leaving.  He could've coached the penalties out of them.  My personal belief is that one or more P5s influenced them to leave for greener grass and their dad picked up on that and strongly encouraged them.  Money talks.

This.  I read Bennett’s comments as still smarting a bit from them quitting on him and leaving.  He’s not starting them if he thinks they shouldn’t be on the field.  He’s a coach.  His mentality is to help players get better, play better together.  These guys either didn’t like the tough coaching, or like GrayEagle says simply got recruited away by P5 cheating…or a combination of both.

• Upvote 2