Time for a 9 game win streak

NT93

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Hey if UConn can do it! 

I'm not even sure what this means.  Connecticut is a blue blood program with four national titles. 

Us winning the title would be more like if Wichita State had won the title the year they advanced to the Final Four. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 hours ago, CMJ said:

I'm not even sure what this means.  Connecticut is a blue blood program with four national titles. 

Us winning the title would be more like if Wichita State had won the title the year they advanced to the Final Four. 

I’ll take it; let’s get to the Final Four and see where it goes from there

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CMJ said:

It just means they had to do it so why can’t we. The situations really are no more similar than that.

Swear to god some of you just wanna find anything to try and debate me on. 🙄

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

It just means they had to do it so why can’t we. The situations really are no more similar than that.

Swear to god some of you just wanna find anything to try and debate me on. 🙄

Well, they've been in Power leagues.  I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing.  The Big East historically has been one of the strongest basketball leagues since the 1980s, so they had a huge leg up.  Might as well compare us to Duke.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Well, they've been in Power leagues.  I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing.  The Big East historically has been one of the strongest basketball leagues since the 1980s, so they had a huge leg up.  Might as well compare us to Duke.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

think that says more than I ever could in words.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

52 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

think that says more than I ever could in words.

I mean you can roll your eyes at me all you want, but you have no facts on your side. 

Connecticut was in the same conference as Georgetown, Villanova, and Syracuse in the 1980's, all of whom won a National Title that decade. St. Johns (F4 in 1985 and won the NIT several times back in the day when it was just as prestigious as the NCAAs), who was also a long time perennial power going back to the 1930s was also in the league, as was Seton Hall whom also made a F4 in the 80s.  The company they kept meant the second they got really competitive (which they did once Calhoun went there to Coach), they had about ten legs up on us.

It's kinda like Baylor or something.  They weren't ever particularly competitive until about...2008, but given their various league affiliations, they once they actually got good it was a ball that was easy to keep rolling.  For someone with our league affiliations through the years that is hardly the case.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Hey, I can't help that you have no case.  Like I said, all the facts were on my side.

Dude I never had an argument in the first place, you’ve just been debating with yourself. In my first reply I literally said the only similarity is trying to win 9 games in a row to win a title. Literally what the hell are you wasting all your energy on? 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1