Western Son Vodka

ADLER

14 hours ago, Big Z said:

That’s all I buy now for vodka, screw those Russian vodkas…

It's all we buy also. It has a fresh taste compared to most other vodkas and it's made right here in Denton County in Pilot Point.

Western Son Vodka Website

10x Distilled Texas Vodka by Western Son Distillery in Pilot Point, TX. Small, slow, craft, delicious. While most vodkas are distilled up to four or five times, this vodka is unique in that it is distilled 10 times..

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

After the Bowl Game gave the blueberry vodka as a Christmas gift with a container of lemonade. Heard that is quite the spring summer mix for refreshment. 

Thank you Western Son for your support and generosity.

GMG

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I mean, some people really just love their mass-produced spirits from Indiana, I suppose. 

I don't know what Western Son's does for sourcing for full production...maybe they do mashes, fermentation and distillation all on site...

what I do know is Tito's doesn't do tours, has no mash, fermentation, cooling tanks, grain silos and those stills in Austin haven't been active for the better part of 30 years.

98% of Tito's "Handmade" Vodka is made at MGP in Indiana, most of which is tanker-trucked and bottled in Austin. 

I just don't care for Tito's and, I might add that in several taste tests that I have been part of here in Atlanta, Tito's has never scored very well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I mean, some people really just love their mass-produced spirits from Indiana, I suppose. 

I don't know what Western Son's does for sourcing for full production...maybe they do mashes, fermentation and distillation all on site...

what I do know is Tito's doesn't do tours, has no mash, fermentation, cooling tanks, grain silos and those stills in Austin haven't been active for the better part of 30 years.

98% of Tito's "Handmade" Vodka is made at MGP in Indiana, most of which is tanker-trucked and bottled in Austin. 

As A Texas Vodka Should Be...

homeBanner-3 copy.jpg

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

I just don't care for Tito's and, I might add that in several taste tests that I have been part of here in Atlanta, Tito's has never scored very well.

Tito's is normal, fine, basic vodka with A++++ marketing. it's vodka. vodka is boring. 

the only thing I care about imparting on everyone here is that Tito's is nor "made" in Texas. a bunch of your favorite spirits are not made where you think. 

https://www.mgpingredients.com/about-mgp/our-company/branded-spirits.html

this is one of the biggest production distillery houses, but there are dozens more akin

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Any chance we have a connection to a good bourbon?

Any of the people over at Lockwood Distillery in Richardson (and now Ft Worth I think?) have UNT connections?  Or Sledge Distillery out in Tolar? 

Coffee + Lockwood Bourbon Cream + Sledge Big Dad's Pecan makes a mean morning drink.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle

3 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Any of the people over at Lockwood Distillery in Richardson (and now Ft Worth I think?) have UNT connections?  Or Sledge Distillery out in Tolar? 

Coffee + Lockwood Bourbon Cream + Sledge Big Dad's Pecan makes a mean morning drink.

Lockwood is former Western Son folk, but no UNT ties. Good people, though. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Western son also makes a bourbon!!  Js

I didn't know that. Thanks. I may have a new bourbon now as well.

A

Western Son Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey 750ml

Texas- This mash bill consists of 68% Texas and Midwest corn. It is complimented with 22% Canadian rye grains and 10% of 2-row malted barley. Crafted in small batches, the taste profile delivers a mixture of dark cocoa, caramel, honey, and vanilla oaks.

★★★★★5 out of 5 stars.

Top Ranked In Blind Tasting

I just did a neat tasting today of five Texas grain-to-glass bourbons, and this one surprisingly took top honors. Classic bourbon cherry, sugar, and vanilla nose and pleasing warmth and well balanced sweetness vs. tannin. I'm not sure what barrel my particular sample was from, but was very impressed. It's a little pricier than the "big guys'" stuff, but affordable considering it's a single barrel pick and made here in TX. I'd be very happy to get another pour of this.

• Upvote 1