UTEP (3/5/22)

Big Z

Just now, BillySee58 said:

“If you would’ve told me the Miners would be winning by 12 and Souley Boum would have 0 points, I don’t think I would’ve believed you.”

two possessions later

”If you would’ve told me the Miners would be winning by 11 and Souley Boum would have 0 points, I don’t think I would’ve believed you.”

The other dude is the most biased commentator I’ve heard in years. Hire real people, not former players to call games.

And… GET THE MICS AWAY FROM THE LOUD ASS OLD MAN

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

There we go. Must need urgency on the offensive end. Needed that when I said with 5-6 mins left in the half but happy they adjusted at the half.

No depth and tired legs better be aggressive on offense because free throws will be hard for everyone still. 

Edited by Andrew

Argghh. The missed Ousmane dunk is sadly emblematic so far. NT was in position to close in for real several times and then kind of failed to make something that oughta be easy at this level.

That said, if we only look at the second half, they are just about on course

Edited by outoftown
  • Downvote 1

I really wish we would let Wright have some minutes to keep guys out of foul trouble and get them rest. Not every player has to contribute to the stat line. Many teams have that guy whose sole purpose is to give someone a break. That in itself would be a huge contribution for this team. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe this game will be the lesson Mac needs. Basketball is like chess and you need to get your guys in position to win, but you also have to make adjustments. The fact we can’t play anyone else is absolutely pitiful and doesn’t bode well for three games in a row. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 11
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, meangreenacct said:

Refs absolutely killing this game second half. Can’t believe the call on Perry.

My complaint is the lack of consistency in their calls. A call on one end isn't a call on the other end. Hard fouls aren't called but minor touch fouls are.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Boombox Shut Up GIF

Enjoy being wrong…. 🤣

Its ok to be a fan but also be critical of the team, coach, players, etc… 

-we will need a lot of luck to pull this off. It’s possible and obviously I am rooting for them, but anybody  can see that we are not deep and it’s hurting our guys at the line and at the offensive end. That’s a fact regardless of your feelings….

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1