UTEP (3/5/22)

Big Z

Our legs are dead. If we can’t play defense like we want we are going to lose. Our guys are exhausted and can’t make a shot. Little worried about the conference tournament with our guys putting so many miles on their legs. 

I wish Mac would be like Jason Kidd and a few other nba coaches and have a spot (not always) where he puts in someone off the bench to fill in a 4-6 minute spot just to get some guys rest. Kidd would run Brown, Green, Burke, Chriss, or Frank for a while just to get his guys some rest to close out the game well. 

• Downvote 9

Ouch. Had it back down to 7, and then just...killed momentum.

It almost looks hopeless.... but with this years team it never is.

It is fully imaginable they could hold UTEP under 20 in the second half.

gotta regroup, rreduce the deficit by about 7 by the ten minute mark. At that point its just 3 possessions.

Also Perry needs to be put in a few spots where he can drain a few 3s. Not even necessarily needed to play the shot clock quicker.

Edited by outoftown

Just now, emmitt01 said:

We were down 17 during the second half against La Tech (a much better team) but this just feels different.  

I think it’s because we are playing so poorly offensively perhaps. Guys just can’t make their shot and their body language shows exhaustion and frustration. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, CMJ said:

UTEP 35 -------- NT 21

Halftime

Disastrous last four minute segment.

Yep. Instead of getting it down to 5-9 let it swell back to 14. Unfortunately we won’t win the tournament playing like this and this severely damages our chance of an at large. With that said on a few occasions this team has pulled a win out of nowhere. Would be a good time for that. 

We've missed nine three throws.  Make just four of them, and this one feels better at the break.

I think we still can win this, but we aren't winning if the Minders score 70 or even 65.  This half we need to keep them under 25 points to have any shot.

Just now, NT80 said:

The offense is stale.  Bell is almost a liability.  We are loaded with 3 point shooters but they all look like they have been told not too try them.  Grant needs to lay off the yelling at them for a while!

Worth Noting: Ousmane has zero points right now and three fouls.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

We were down 17 during the second half against La Tech (a much better team) but this just feels different.  

Just tuning in.  Different better, or different worse?

IMO UTEP has a better coach than LT and they have been inching closer to LT quality.  Former ACU coach is figuring this out.

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just tuning in.  Different better, or different worse?

IMO UTEP has a better coach than LT and they have been inching closer to LT quality.  Former ACU coach is figuring this out.

Different worse.  When La Tech went up 17 it felt like they earned that lead, we appear to be GIVING the miners their cushion

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Travis said:

These announcers are killing me. 

“If you would’ve told me the Miners would be winning by 12 and Souley Boum would have 0 points, I don’t think I would’ve believed you.”

two possessions later

”If you would’ve told me the Miners would be winning by 11 and Souley Boum would have 0 points, I don’t think I would’ve believed you.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2