UTEP (3/5/22)

Big Z

Okay everyone, hear me out. Of course I would love to win every single game, and I want an at large in case of a loss in the tournament, BUT a loss would not be the end of the world and something MAYBE this team needs to get a big boost going into the tournament with a salty feeling, dominate, win the championship, make a NCAA tournament run and everything is good.

• Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

fc4.jpg

It’s a thought!! Hahaha 

But for real, a loss would be heart breaking, but not the end of the world and wouldn’t shatter this team.

Fortunately, that probably won’t happen because Mac seems to always have these guys prepared after a bad game.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

I do understand what you're saying....sometimes a loss refocuses you.  And given we need to be at peak focus starting next week until the season ends (whenever that should be), I even sort of agree with you.

But, no.  I want to win and have the best seed possible going into the Dance.

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Okay everyone, hear me out. Of course I would love to win every single game, and I want an at large in case of a loss in the tournament, BUT a loss would not be the end of the world and something MAYBE this team needs to get a big boost going into the tournament with a salty feeling, dominate, win the championship, make a NCAA tournament run and everything is good.

You need to take a Clonazepam

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

42 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I do understand what you're saying....sometimes a loss refocuses you.  And given we need to be at peak focus starting next week until the season ends (whenever that should be), I even sort of agree with you.

But, no.  I want to win and have the best seed possible going into the Dance.

Oh I want to win. I don’t want to lose whatsoever, I despise losing. But like I said, it wouldn’t be the absolute worst thing to ever happen.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Hopefully we got that "loss" out of the way last night.  Thankfully our off-night (if that's what it was) came against UTSA.  Much better to be peaking into the conference tournament and NCAA's rather than limping in after a late season loss IMHO.  Yes, not the end of the world if it happens, but let's keep the streak going!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We need a big win because we have now dropped to 39th in the NET. We need everything  to go right. 

We need North Carolina, MSU, Xavier and other teams around us in KENPOM and NET to lose out. TCU beating 2 top 10 teams in the past week doesn’t help 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Things I would like to see during tomorrow's game against UTEP:

1.  Better free throw shooting

2.  A healthy Thomas Bell (ankle)

3.  Tyler Perry's shooting getting back on track

4..  Less fouls from Abdu

Winning with improvements in these areas would putting us in good shape going into the tournament.

GMG

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

We need North Carolina, MSU, Xavier and other teams around us in KENPOM and NET to lose out. TCU beating 2 top 10 teams in the past week doesn’t help 

The style of game we play doesn't lend itself to getting a lot of points in NET, KENPOM ect. We get points for upsetting teams better than us and for beating the top teams in our conference on the road. Since our margin of victory is usually not very great, we need to accept the fact that we probably aren't going to be better than and 11 or 12 seed. We just aren't flashy and that's alright with me. Just ask Purdue.  Let's just win!!!

• Upvote 4