AAC Charging Future Big 12 Schools $45 Million to Leave by 2023

meangreen11

It was reported by the Houston Chronicle that Cincinnati, Central Florida and Houston will have to pay a hefty fee of $45 million to leave the American Athletic Conference by 2023.

The three future Big 12 schools are contractually required to remain in the AAC until 2024.

In the article, it states that on top of the $10 million required exit fee that Cincinnati, Houston and UCF are also required to pay a $35 million fee to leave the AAC prior to the 2023 fall season as opposed to the 2024 fall season. AAC bylaws require a $10 million exit fee and a 27-month prior notice to leave, hence why the school’s are contractually obligated to stay until 2024.

read more:  https://wvsportsnow.com/aac-charging-future-big-12-schools-45-million-to-leave-by-2023/

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Meanwhile, CUSA will be receiving $45.00 each from USM, ODU and Marshall. 

And one of those coupon books sold by high school bands with a $2 off a slurpee coupon you totally intend to use, but is still sitting on top of your microwave 5 years later.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Udomann said:

And one of those coupon books sold by high school bands with a $2 off a slurpee coupon you totally intend to use, but is still sitting on top of your microwave 5 years later.

That's actually the CUSA TV money we get from the deal Judy McLeod made with Facebook...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That's actually the CUSA TV money we get from the deal Judy McLeod made with Facebook...

I looked at the 2018 CUSA tournament the other day and the first two rounds were on Facebook Live… I totally forgot how depressing that was. ESPN plus and Stadium feel miles better compared to that

9 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I looked at the 2018 CUSA tournament the other day and the first two rounds were on Facebook Live… I totally forgot how depressing that was. ESPN plus and Stadium feel miles better compared to that

Isn’t Stadium just Facebook Live grown up? ESPN+ has just come into its own the last couple of years.  As someone who lives way out of state the streaming options have allowed me to watch almost every major UNT sporting event and for that I’m thankful.  

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, keith said:

Isn’t Stadium just Facebook Live grown up? 

I don't know about any connection between the two.

I feel like we are primarily on two networks, Stadium and ESPN+, and anything else (CBSSN, FB Live, etc) is secondary/exception.

Between the first two I listed above, I would take Stadium 10 out of 10 times.  They seem really into our program.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

I don't know about any connection between the two.

I feel like we are primarily on two networks, Stadium and ESPN+, and anything else (CBSSN, FB Live, etc) is secondary/exception.

Between the first two I listed above, I would take Stadium 10 out of 10 times.  They seem really into our program.

You are correct.  Stadium started as a joint venture (not Facebook) and then grew through a series of acquisitions.  I was recalling an agreement Facebook made a few years ago to stream Stadium basketball content via its Facebook Watch service.  I think that's the only linkage and why I was thinking about the relationship between the two.

25 minutes ago, keith said:

You are correct.  Stadium started as a joint venture (not Facebook) and then grew through a series of acquisitions.  I was recalling an agreement Facebook made a few years ago to stream Stadium basketball content via its Facebook Watch service.  I think that's the only linkage and why I was thinking about the relationship between the two.

One of Stadium’s parent company’s is the Sinclair Group.  They been broadcasting media over 50 years.  So Stadium TV has old media DNA and infrastructure to build on.  They had regular TV access from day one in some markets.