Jeff Younger Comes to UNT, Students Promptly Tell Him He's Not Welcome

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

in 1950 "gay" pretty much exclusively meant happy and carefree. 

language changes and adapts to the times. your only personal biases and reluctance to evolve don't change societal advancements in language, nuance and understanding. 

and...let's be honest...nothing has been taught, redefined and engrained in "impressionable young minds" for hundreds of years more than religion...so maybe the piety tract isn't the best for you to follow. 

Was he following a piety tract?  Nope, just stating fact. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

13 hours ago, THOR said:

liar

I'm just not gonna bother with anyone on this subject. I could tell how viral this was going to be so I put it here purely as news content in this case. If someone wants to claim there's only two genders or say that sex and gender are the same, my only reply is that UNT taught me different, and I'm a millennial who hasn't been inside a classroom since 2007. 

• Thanks 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

If someone wants to claim there's only two genders or say that sex and gender are the same, my only reply is that UNT taught me different

I’m not going to debate you but I’m curious….what class did you learn that in? Was it a biology or some sort of anatomy class?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

I'll bite. Communication studies (and by close relation, psychology) teaches that gender is a social construct while sex refers specifically to biology (reproductive organs, chromosomes, hormones, etc).

So by that standard it would seem unfair that “biological” males are allowed to compete in women’s physical competitions like sports. Also to label someone that’s opposed to that as bigoted or hateful would also seem unfair. 

(I’m not saying you agree or disagree with it. Just making an observation) 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Awesome, glad to know a cop could just turn their sirens on, pop a curb and ride the sidewalk and run someone over if they do chose with no repercussions. Thank you for the education.

Well that's not what I said at all, but whatever.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

those claiming and wanting "Tolerance" typically are the most "Intolerant" but hey at least UNT made some news

There's a difference of being tolerant of someone whose views you disagree with, and expecting someone to be tolerant of hate and bigotry. Back to the old tried and true...

tolerant-left-1.jpeg

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoEagle said:

There's a difference of being tolerant of someone whose views you disagree with, and expecting someone to be tolerant of hate and bigotry. Back to the old tried and true...

tolerant-left-1.jpeg

so is it actually Hate Speech and Bigotry or is it just Speech that you hate and assumed bigotry because their views do not match? 

I could care less if someone says something I do not like, I just ignore them, because they are generally on the fringe. That includes those on the right and left side of the aisle. It is always the fringe elements that stir the shit up. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

so is it actually Hate Speech and Bigotry or is it just Speech that you hate and assumed bigotry because their views do not match? 

It's hate speech.

https://www.jeffyoungerfortexas.com/post/who-does-the-left-attack-effective-conservatives

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

interesting looks like someone that does not believe in trangenderism especially in pre-pubescent kids. 

So how is that hate speech? Looks more like he is overly conservative on his views and you and the rest of the left do not like his views. 

Do I agree with him to a degree yes, but not to the extreme he seems to represent. So again is it hate speech or just Speech that you hate? 

He is a bible-thumper, now would I want him to represent in State House, Nope but should he be censored due to his views that clash with the LGBTQ.... community. Not at all, just ignore him. 

Just like I would not care to hear from a radical LGBTQ..... speaker, I would just ignore them not try to censor, but the left and cancel culture love to censor anything they disagree with, pretty sad echo chamber, but it is what it is with the fringe groups.

In the end @ColoradoEagle I think we will just agree to disagree. I respect your opinion, but disagree. 

Go Mean Green!!

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

42 minutes ago, untbowler said:

So how is that hate speech? Looks more like he is overly conservative on his views and you and the rest of the left do not like his views. 

https://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/hate#FN 1

"Generally, however, hate speech is any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate, or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons on the basis of race, religion, skin color sexual identity, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, or national origin. "

Seems like a fair definition and makes classifying the quote from the previous post pretty cut and dry.

Do I agree with him to a degree yes, but not to the extreme he seems to represent. So again is it hate speech or just Speech that you hate? 

Speech that I hate is that UNT is a commuter school, or the Mean Green will never do anything in athletics. Hate speech is denying someone's existence.

He is a bible-thumper, now would I want him to represent in State House, Nope but should he be censored due to his views that clash with the LGBTQ.... community. Not at all, just ignore him. 

Nobody censored this man. He showed up to what would be an obviously hostile environment and was boo'd out of the room. That's about as American as it gets. If he wanted a platform to espouse his controversial views, there are infinitely more and better opportunities than what's probably the second most liberal school in the state.

Just like I would not care to hear from a radical LGBTQ..... speaker, I would just ignore them not try to censor, but the left and cancel culture love to censor anything they disagree with, pretty sad echo chamber, but it is what it is with the fringe groups.

Why the pause? Also, I'm not sure what would be the equivalent insult of calling a transgender woman, 'a clearly confused man in a dress.' If you don't recognize that as heinous...

In the end @ColoradoEagle I think we will just agree to disagree. I respect your opinion, but disagree. 

Go Mean Green!!

That we can agree on. There's only one person on this forum I wouldn't have a beer with pregame, and that one is not you my friend. 😂 Go Mean Green!

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1