UTSA defeats number two Stanford

Clinetort

5 minutes ago, drex said:

Build a first rate basketball arena and then move on to the rest of your list.  My high school has a better venue for basketball.

Pictures please.  

I've been to several college basketball arenas including Pauley Pavilion and I'd put the Super Pit in the conversation with any of them.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Clinetort said:

A new arena can wait!  Yesterday, UTSA beat the number two team in the country in baseball.  You think that didn't fire up their fan base?  We have a great arena.  Build a first rate basketball practice facility and add baseball.

If it is such a big deal, why did it take you posting about it in the forum for our 22-4 basketball team for me to find out about it?

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Clinetort said:

You think that didn't fire up their fan base?

Not if they follow college baseball at all. Good teams lose midweek games like this all the time. Stanford’s starting pitcher was probably their number 5 or 6 starter. Hell, sometimes they start middle relievers in games like that. I know you want UNT to add baseball yesterday, but pulling this out to try to justify your position is laughable to anyone who actually follows college baseball.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Clinetort said:

A new arena can wait!  Yesterday, UTSA beat the number two team in the country in baseball.  You think that didn't fire up their fan base?  We have a great arena.  Build a first rate basketball practice facility and add baseball.

You understand the next project is a upgraded athletic center right? That will be first on the list before baseball, basketball or anything else. We need that to help all sports remain competitive in the AAC

Please people, leave baseball for UTSA just as a humanitarian gesture.

Baseball is the only sport in which North Texas doesn't kick the crap out of UTSA every single season and that's only because we don't field a team.

Compiling the last half decade, North Texas has like an 80% win ratio over them in every single sport. Do we really need to kick them harder?

How much punishment does UTSA really deserve? Don't they deserve some pity?

New Documentary Catches Up With Chris “Leave Britney Alone!” Crocker

Leave UTSA Alone!

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 8:42 AM, Clinetort said:

Did you know that Texas State beat the then-#1 Texas Longhorns in baseball on March 9 and I didn’t find out about it until today? The only reason I found out is because we played Texas State in basketball tonight and I saw it on one of their twitter feeds. The craziest part is I live halfway between the two campuses right off of I-35. If I don’t find out about stuff in my own backyard, how is our having a baseball program going to bring any notice from John Q. Public?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

if I remember correctly NT baseball beat a very highly rated (maybe #1) OU team.   This is when the conference required a baseball team (don't remember if it was the Big West or other past league).

Anyway NT had less than two baseball scholarships for the whole team and a part time volunteer coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, Clinetort said:

Because the debate is that we cannot add baseball until we build a new basketball arena.  Overlapping topics.

FYI you are the only one making it a "debate". Baseball will happen at North Texas, but after the Athletics Center Expansion and most likely after a new basketball arena. As our friends in Frozen said, LET IT GO LET IT GO!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

if I remember correctly NT baseball beat a very highly rated (maybe #1) OU team.   This is when the conference required a baseball team (don't remember if it was the Big West or other past league).

Anyway NT had less than two baseball scholarships for the whole team and a part time volunteer coach. 

I also think Pete Incavilia of the Rangers was on that team.  I think we could have a very good team here very quickly.

• Upvote 1