UTSA (3/3/22)

CMJ

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Let me just say this now….ahem….EVERYONE CALM THE F DOWN! 

We are still just fine.  We are still the best team in this league.  We are still a threat to advance in the NCAA tournament.  

No team, unless you are the Larry Johnson led Runnin’ Rebels, can look unstoppable every single game (and even they got tripped up by Duke).  

The sign of a great team is that they find ways to win under all circumstances.  This team has ONE loss since November 26, that’s over three months.  They played a nUTSAck team with everything to gain by salvaging some pride, in an empty middle school gym, after already clinching the regular season title…and won.  

Thank you. I didn’t have the energy for a multi-paragraph reply. 

success and performance aren’t linear. take the W and move on.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

The sign of a great team is that they find ways to win under all circumstances.  This team has ONE loss since November 26, that’s over three months.  They played a nUTSAck team with everything to gain by salvaging some pride, in an empty middle school gym, after already clinching the regular season title…and won.  

A UTSA team undoubtedly filled with desire to avenge their undefeated football team being blown out in Denton by 3 TDs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

20 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

We are still just fine.  We are still the best team in this league.  We are still a threat to advance in the NCAA tournament.  

No team, unless you are the Larry Johnson led Runnin’ Rebels, can look unstoppable every single game (and even they got tripped up by Duke).  

Not to mention - we held ANOTHER team to under 50 pts. At their place. You’re gonna win pretty much every game in that scenario.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

A UTSA team undoubtedly filled with desire to avenge their undefeated football team being blown out in Denton by 3 TDs.

Honestly, not trying to argue here, but I have never felt this.  Does this revenge factor bleed into every sport? Does the Roadrunner women's T&F team put a target on the Mean Green in a meet because of a football loss?

Part of me recognizes that this point stands under a "Roadrunner family" argument, but another part of me feels that these are separate teams (not football), competing against other separate (not football) teams, trying to worry about what is in their bubble, in their facility, under their coach.

This will either be ignored, or could derail the entire thread.

EDIT for PS: I just realized, you could simply be trolling our UTSA readers.

Edited by greenminer
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I love what Bell brings but man alive, he is strug-gl-ing.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He is lost a the FT line and had one shot go off the top of the backboard. As I stated, I love him because stays after it, but he looks rough at times. 

Think of it this way: Bell's offense is rough all the time.  It was never smooth.  We just don't usually see it unless he's trying to force it or be creative with the ball.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

One notable thing tonight was the complete lack of anyone to clean the floor. There was a kid with a mop on one side (that had no idea what to do) and no mop at all on the other. After Bell's scary fall, one of our staff had to grab our towels and go clean the floor. It was dangerous and a player could have been really hurt. Their guys had a few bad falls too that could have been prevented.

Man, that’s a helluva program down there. The AAC has to be pumped. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

It was still a shit performance by our guys. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. Let's not act like beating a bottom 30 team in the country is some kind of accomplishment. 

Hopefully, McCasland uses it as a wakeup call and has them ready Saturday because we're not winning in El Paso playing like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It was still a shit performance by our guys. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. Let's not act like beating a bottom 30 team in the country is some kind of accomplishment. 

Hopefully, McCasland uses it as a wakeup call and has them ready Saturday because we're not winning in El Paso playing like that.

While I agree with everything you stated, I also have to counter with that is how we have won just about every game this season.  

at this point, there is no reason to think it will be any different tomorrow 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I have to push back on the idea we looked uniquely bad last night.  We often don't look particularly "good" -- our style of play is ugly.  But I don't care how we win.  Plenty of smooth, free flowing teams don't win jack.  Winning ugly is still beautiful.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1