Mean green Maniacs are becoming powerful

Jonnyeagle

21 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I was apart of the 2013 era drama with mother__cking eagles. (LOL, love the word filters, are we children here?) Rick tried his damndest to end it, by making the band go right into Fly Like an Eagle and skipping that part of the song entirely.

Guess what, it didn’t work and we just did the part of the song even louder over the band. 3 games later they gave up.

It was a stupid complaint then and still stupid and childish now. You won’t win this battle. You lost it before and will lose it again. College kids will be college kids. Guess what? I chanted MF’in Eagles back in 2010, but don’t do it now. It hasn’t “corrupted” or “tarnished” me or the university.

Read the room my friend! College sports isn't just for college crowds.  It's an avenue for universities to reach out to communities and fans.  The language battle may be lost, but you're going to have parents trying to bring their kids to games.  You're going to have youth groups that want to get involved.  etc.  They should be welcomed.  You don't have to change your life, but being exclusive to the college crowd is the wrong way to go about this.  Work with them, not against them.  They are a good thing.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, texx2818 said:

I was apart of the 2013 era drama with mother__cking eagles. (LOL, love the word filters, are we children here?) Rick tried his damndest to end it, by making the band go right into Fly Like an Eagle and skipping that part of the song entirely.

Guess what, it didn’t work and we just did the part of the song even louder over the band. 3 games later they gave up.

It was a stupid complaint then and still stupid and childish now. You won’t win this battle. You lost it before and will lose it again. College kids will be college kids. Guess what? I chanted MF’in Eagles back in 2010, but don’t do it now. It hasn’t “corrupted” or “tarnished” me or the university.

Was still saying it Saturday and won’t ever stop. #nevergraduate 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Keep that commuter school image going.  Well done. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Mexico soccer fans get sanctions, forced to play in empty stadiums, etc for yelling "puto" at refs, opposing players, etc. Hasn't stopped them. Same for college kids. Good luck, y'all are fighting a losing battle. 

I don’t think that’s a very good reason not to fight for what’s right.  It’s a low life thing to do.  There’s a time and place for everything…a stadium in front of women and children is neither the time nor the place.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

So are the head of the maniacs paid? And if So by the university? I am friends with a few founders on Facebook and one of them has posted about getting paid to do what he loves and show up to events with people. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why are you adding college boys on FB, Andrew? 

• Haha 3
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Y'all seem very passionate about the subject. Why don't you go to games and lecture the students on why dropping a MF in the alma mater is a bad thing? I'm sure your message will be well recieved. 

Wait,  they’re doing it in the Alma Mater now??  Where?

“Singing glory to the MF’ing green…”?

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I don’t really understand how this ties in at all to what I said but okay.

Also, I have a newborn girl and I’ll make sure to teach her about curse words, when to say them and when not to say them as to not offend boomer ears. It’s just a word. 

College traditions are what make college great. It’s what separates college athletics from other sports. Most REAL colleges take them seriously. The fight song being one. Something that students and alumni both have pride in. 

You know who don’t care about traditions and “stupid boomer things like fight songs”

commuter schools. 

I was trying to put my finger on what throwing “mfing eagles” in the fight song looks like. At first I thought “bush league” or “pathetic”. Definitely “embarrassing.” But then it dawned on me. It’s so very commuter school. Something we have fought for years. And a group of students saying “f everything about this school and it’s traditions” just screams COMMUTER SCHOOL. 

If you don’t care that’s fine. If it’s not going to change. That’s fine too. Just know how pathetic it looks to anyone watching.  

and as for “just a word” I agree and said as much in my first post about the subject. 

carry on. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Such a weird thread. I was going to say that the Maniacs are definitely going to be a Force this fall. They are growing in number bringing mad energy and the student section looks good when it rocks. 

I don’t like the MF thing but they’re kids I don’t sing it. They’re call my call. I do hope my friends I tag along don’t hear it or put it together. They’re not prudes just SEC fans and they don’t sully up Rockytop or their fight song. 

again love the Maniacs and thank you for intensifying the energy this season make it happen in the fall!

BEAT UTSA GMG

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Pretty sure they are graduates…. So…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

it’s like their job….

It is no one’s job to talk to you on Facebook nor is it your job to leave incomplete sentences on DRC posts, yet here we are. GMG!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

There was one drunk from the maniac area that thought it would be a good idea to stumble around the concourse directing F bombs toward the family in blue we sat behind and every other fan dressed in blue he passed. They had 3 kids under 7 and I had 2 under 7.

Should I appreciate that guy showing up?

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, MeanMag said:

There was one drunk from the maniac area that thought it would be a good idea to stumble around the concourse directing F bombs toward the family in blue we sat behind and every other fan dressed in blue he passed. They had 3 kids under 7 and I had 2 under 7.

Should I appreciate that guy showing up?

Absolutely not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Ok boomer. 

Not a boomer, but if I were, I would be a MF'ing Boomer.  Get it right millenial.  Are you against holding ourselves to a higher standard, or are you of the thought that if others do it then it is alright?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1

48 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I feel like the people on here against “MF’in Eagles” are also the ones that ogle our cheerleaders. That certainly seems more offensive than “Mf’in Eagles” to “women and children” but y’know, old codgers gonna old codger.

Now you are making things up confirming your level of immaturity.  Why stop at the fight song.  Let's figure out where we can add it to our National Anthem, the Lord's Prayer, and God Bless America, to name a few.  Just use it wherever you see fit.  Meetings at work, PTA meetings when you MF'ing little girl starts school.  You'll be the talk of the town and you can tell everyone it started with the drama of 2013 at our little ol' university.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, northtexassigep said:

Prayers for everyone in Wisconsin tonight 

Classy.  Wish he was a representative of our university.

So, I can add you to the group that believes if someone else does it, then it is okay for us?  Maybe we should follow LSU's lead and throw liquor bottles full of piss on our opponent's fans while toothless 4th graders cuss us a blue streak, or spread feces on the buses of the opposing team like Tech fans did years ago to A&M.  That would reflect well on good ol' UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Classy.  Wish he was a representative of our university.

So, I can add you to the group that believes if someone else does it, then it is okay for us?  Maybe we should follow LSU's lead and throw liquor bottles full of piss on our opponent's fans while toothless 4th graders cuss us a blue streak, or spread feces on the buses of the opposing team like Tech fans did years ago to A&M.  That would reflect well on good ol' UNT.

Whatever group you’d like to add me to is up to you.