Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Ok I’m gonna say it 

no Nevermind 

ok here goes I have to 

nope 

ok:

*big sigh*

I say this with an unblemished record of not being offended by anything and I’m not offended now. It’s not about being offended. I don’t even care that it was so loud for my 9 and 7 year olds to hear it (they didn’t really realize what they were saying anyway) I’m sure they’ve heard worse, so whatever.

But the little 2 word descriptor addition to the fight song. It’s been brought up before. It’s just much more noticeable inside the Pit than it is at Apogee. But it’s just…..so stupid. And it doesn’t do anything positive to help our school in any way. 

It’s really more embarrassing than offensive. In a pathetic, bush league sort of way. It makes us look bad. 

That’s all. 

It’s college students saying it, good luck telling several hundred students to not say”MFING” eagles

Shouldn’t be something that we worry about

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Ok I’m gonna say it 

no Nevermind 

ok here goes I have to 

nope 

ok:

*big sigh*

I say this with an unblemished record of not being offended by anything and I’m not offended now. It’s not about being offended. I don’t even care that it was so loud for my 9 and 7 year olds to hear it (they didn’t really realize what they were saying anyway) I’m sure they’ve heard worse, so whatever.

But the little 2 word descriptor addition to the fight song. It’s been brought up before. It’s just much more noticeable inside the Pit than it is at Apogee. But it’s just…..so stupid. And it doesn’t do anything positive to help our school in any way. 

It’s really more embarrassing than offensive. In a pathetic, bush league sort of way. It makes us look bad. 

That’s all. 

Amen.

Chilrish GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Is it really an “old man yelling at clouds” thing? How so?

They're college kids. They think it's fun, cool, etc to throw "MF Eagles" into the chant. It's been going on for a while now and isn't going to go away. At this point, just accept it and move on. No matter what older fans, the administration, etc. try to do, it isn't going to stop. Kind of beating a dead horse at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

They're college kids. They think it's fun, cool, etc to throw "MF Eagles" into the chant. It's been going on for a while now and isn't going to go away. At this point, just accept it and move on. No matter what older fans, the administration, etc. try to do, it isn't going to stop. Kind of beating a dead horse at this point. 

They're college kids.  They think yelling "F-You" at the official in unison is fun, cool, etc. kind of like the old "B.S." chant.  Just let it happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

They're college kids.  They think yelling "F-You" at the official in unison is fun, cool, etc. kind of like the old "B.S." chant.  Just let it happen.

Mexico soccer fans get sanctions, forced to play in empty stadiums, etc for yelling "puto" at refs, opposing players, etc. Hasn't stopped them. Same for college kids. Good luck, y'all are fighting a losing battle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Speaking of the old B.S. chant, I remember a long time ago...maybe the early 90s, the Coach K complained about the Cameron Crazies going over the line with stuff.  The next game instead of the old B.S. standby, they chanted "We Beg to Differ" with the same staccato rhythm. 

They can be uniquely hilarious.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You think this is bad, try going to PSA for youth sports games on a Saturday…

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

#1 I know it’s not going away  

#2 we want our University to look more big time. Instead the student section is making our school look like complete trash 

both things can be true 

Haha this 

I’ve seen worst, way worst at other colleges across the U.S. with their student sections. This doesn’t come close…

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

33 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Haha this 

I’ve seen worst, way worst at other colleges across the U.S. with their student sections. This doesn’t come close…

So it's okay because somewhere else is worse?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

When does that happen so audibly you can hear it watching from home? Only tantrums swearing at refs I’ve heard in the arena are from that sweet 40-60 age range that is generally in the process of turning a delightful shade of pink over a botched baseline call while their wives wince or try to calm them down. 

• Upvote 2