Ladies vs. Utep March 5 tailgate - IMPORTANT please read and pass on.

flyonthewall

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

Only 64 rsvp's for the ladies game tailgate.  Please force me to cook more food.  Its senior day, we are going to be playing for a bye and possibly the west championship.  Early Saturday, let me serve you lunch.

Bloody mary bar........free.......food.....free......2 championships in one year in basketball?  priceless......

Oh and there will be beer outside this time......free....

I will leave one more thought.....

FREE!!!!

I working on getting a crew there, do you know if the Athletic Department is doing some sort of promotion for the game? 

• Upvote 2

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to Ladies vs. Utep March 5 tailgate - IMPORTANT please read and pass on.
  • Coach Andy Mac featured this topic
On 3/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

2:00 unfortunately 

Maybe the men's game could be played on the video boards in the Super Pit? Wouldn't that be incredible?

The video boards aren't really required for instant replay, and at the women's games most fans sit so close to the action that they're not reliant on the video boards.

Would somebody with a little more influence than me please contact Wren and see if it can be done.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Maybe the men's game could be played on the video boards in the Super Pit? Wouldn't that be incredible?

The video boards aren't really required for instant replay, and at the women's games most fans sit so close to the action that they're not reliant on the video boards.

Would somebody with a little more influence than me please contact Wren and see if it can be done.

That would be a slap in the face to the ladies on the floor.

• Upvote 3

On 2/28/2022 at 11:41 AM, flyonthewall said:

We are rolling the smoker out there again on Saturday.   The ladies could be playing for a cusa west championship if they take care of business Thursday.  Also the double bye will for sure be in play.

I am challenging everyone to come out for Saturday.   It is senior day and these ladies deserve it.

Same menu with some upgrades....free to all.

Thank you for everything you're doing. We fans really appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That would be a slap in the face to the ladies on the floor.

I was actually thinking that it may get hundreds or more fans to attend their game, more to celebrate cutting the nets for their division championship, and possibly garnering them more fan support at the CUSA tournament in Frisco next week.

We'll want to have as many fans there as possible. It'll be the women's team's version of this:

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3

Hate that the conference basketball games for men and women are often scheduled at the same time with one at home and the other away.  Does anyone know if the AAC schedules the same way?  I personally liked the doubleheaders although I think the women were at a disadvantage always playing the early games.

• Upvote 1

I would never wish to do anything to disappoint our women's team. 

A couple decades back we played at Oklahoma State in basketball on the same evening that the OSU football team was playing Oklahoma. The football game was shown on their video boards. Everything seemed to work out well as it was a huge victory in their Bedlam game and the basketball fans were very pleased that they were able to keep up with both games.

• Upvote 2