I Have Pics of Mean Green Championship Saturday + Randy Travis & other UNT Celebrity Fans/Alums! (Share your pics)

PlummMeanGreen

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to I Have Pics of Mean Green Championship Saturday + Randy Travis & other UNT Celebrity Fans/Alums! (Share your pics)
6 minutes ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Thanks for the pictures, Plummer.  I have been an Mean Green Fan for over 55 years.  Health and mobility issues the last few years have kept me from attending, although I still have season tickets...always hope for a better future!  It was great to see so many familiar faces...sure do miss ya'll.   Fond memories of the Hots Springs conference tournaments, NCAA tournament game in Oklahoma City, and the Blakley and JJ teams that were so fun to watch.

To you "less mature" fans, enjoy these current wonderful teams.  We are blessed to have Coach Mac leading our Mean Green and have players full of grit and a winning attitude.  Can't physically make it to the games, but thank goodness for the internet (may have to give in and get ESPN+) and cable TV (I can get Stadium  and ESPN3 and that helps).  Haven't moved on to streaming yet, but a few more games like the last few and I may have to finally transition to the modern way of watching games!

GMG

We miss you, too, MG buddy!  ❇️👍❇️

The AAC will be fun!  They have more games on ESPN & I 💚 love their Sunday afternoon TV games schedule.

This one of my favorite pics.  
Yes, Lady, it was loud alright.  It was a “crowd team effort.”   GMG!1CD2C9F9-F211-42BF-809D-DEC957CE49A8.jpeg.d54efea4dae277ae0406d91a7bca1da0.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Greenrex said:

Is that Beavis's mom with Randy Travis?

🙂

On AXS TV  I saw Dan Rather in his “The Big Interview” series interview Mr. & Mrs. Randy Travis & this Irish guy almost started bawling.  I had no idea his stroke had been that severe.  Still, Randy smiles through it all as if nothing had happened.  What a positive human spirit that guy is all about. I’m happy they are Mean Green fans. Last I heard they live in Denton county (near Argyle)?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

🙂

On AXS TV  I saw Dan Rather in his “The Big Interview” series interview Mr. & Mrs. Randy Travis & this Irish guy almost started bawling.  I had no idea his stroke had been that severe.  Still, Randy smiles through it all as if nothing had happened.  What a positive human spirit that guy is all about. I’m happy they are Mean Green fans. Last I heard they live in Denton county (near Argyle)?

They live on Lake Ray Roberts near Tioga.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

What??  Is Lofton going to transfer?  He's from my old hometown you know.

This rumor emerged last week, that he wants to come to Denton.

not a whole lot of weight to it right now, so don't get your hopes up.  Plus there was the whole discussion bout whether he would be a good fit here.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

What??  Is Lofton going to transfer?  He's from my old hometown you know.

No, there is no truth to that rumor even though he's carried Tech about as well as any human could.

I'd love to have him here, but he has no plans to transfer anywhere, at least at this time.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Great pics, ADLER!

Who is this?  
I took a close-up of him right after the clock ran out.

7D232620-6DF5-4C0B-B76B-036EFDE578C0.thumb.jpeg.c6aea403b6534ca03d3eda0eeb703d5d.jpeg

I believe that is JJ's uncle who was there with JJ's little brother who currently stars at Rowlett.

fyi - I'm not some kind of stalker or anything, they asked me to watch their seats while they went to the floor for Senior Day activities.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, DemolitionDan said:

Is this just a NT fan getting a picture with Kenny or does he know her? Also, why was he wondering around the concourse after the game? Thought that was pretty funny.

Love the woman in the background.