$2 General Admission Tickets vs. LA Tech.

UNTLifer

11 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Ok I'll look into it as we get closer. Can't justify spending $30 per person ($210 for all of us plus whatever fees they add on) for 3 games I won't go see. I'd maybe go to the women's game if they're in it but regardless, the price gets steep when you add in food/drinks and whatever else is needed to keep the little kids happy for an entire day.

Haven’t needed this myself but though I’d share - Sometimes you can buy a reduced price all sessions or game day sessions pass from fans of opposing teams that get bounced. Heck just walking around the Star area pre-game in the past couple of years (take out last year cause of COVID limitations), I’ve been offered them for nothing a few times from people who just wanted them to be used since they’d already been paid for.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

It was something like 6700 for OSU and 7300 for Tech if I recall.

I had it in my mind that it was much higher.

I can't believe how much we struggle to pull in closer to 10K.  I hope we see it one day.  I've been to Miner games in El Paso where The Don is a sell out.  12K people.  It is joyous bedlam.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I can't believe how much we struggle to pull in closer to 10K.  I hope we see it one day.  I've been to Miner games in El Paso where The Don is a sell out.  12K people.  It is joyous bedlam.

Simple on why we haven’t 

El Paso - Not much to do 

DFW - Lots of alternatives for entertainment 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Yeah the tech game sure felt like a lot more, this video makes it seems like only a few hundred seats aren’t full

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Simple on why we haven’t 

El Paso - Not much to do 

DFW - Lots of alternatives for entertainment 

I wasn't asking why they're different.  I was simply stating I've been in that environment and felt the energy.

Since you brought it up, we should still be striving to get attendance up to 10K.  There are tons of things to do in DFW, but we have 40K CURRENT students.  Every year we get thousands more, and thousands graduate into the surrounding area.  We need to solve this problem.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

Haven’t needed this myself but though I’d share - Sometimes you can buy a reduced price all sessions or game day sessions pass from fans of opposing teams that get bounced. Heck just walking around the Star area pre-game in the past couple of years (take out last year cause of COVID limitations), I’ve been offered them for nothing a few times from people who just wanted them to be used since they’d already been paid for.

I'll keep this as a backup plan. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Growing up in EP it was common place to have 10k + all the time. The only question was if you were able to get your student tickets before the 12,222. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

We had 8,200 for WKU in 2019.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chris Born said:

How can teachers with Denton ISD get the $2 tickets?

if you check the Deal email that went out 2 months ago (episode 10 or magazine 10, something like that), there is a link in there that will give you 4 free tickets

check around january 10th for the email

5 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

Growing up in EP it was common place to have 10k + all the time. The only question was if you were able to get your student tickets before the 12,222. 

UTEP aka Texas Western has a NCAA BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP legacy.  The movie that celebrates that story was superb.  Adolph Rupp was (sadly) the NCAA king of Jim Crow back in the 60’s in Deep South Kentucky.
America has come a long ways since, but still quite a ways to go.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1