Louisiana Tech (2/26/22)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Venson said:

I would take that with a grain of salt. That same NET rankings that has us dropping to 38 says we are 20-4 and we are clearly 22-4 and all the top ranked teams are ranked in the same place after losses. I don't think it has been fully updated. I think the date changes automatically, but I don't believe a real update has happened.

NET only factors in games against D1 opponents. 2 of our wins are against non-D1 opponents, hence the 20-4. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Pretty nice crowd. That game was awesome. Great crowd. They ought to do $2 GA tickets as long as it’s not selling out. 

pay the coach as much as you can to keep him. 

Anyone know McCaslands salary and where it falls with his peers in CUSA?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Anyone know McCaslands salary and where it falls with his peers in CUSA?

After doing some research, this is what I got:

Coach Mac: $600k base, $800k total with incentives

UAB Andy Kennedy: $725k base (contract renewed last year), 

LA Tech Eric Konkol: $400k base

MTSU Nick McDevitt: $575k base, $750k total with incentives

WKU Rick Stansbury: $720k base (was $800k before Covid cuts)

Coach Mac is near the top of the conference as far as base and incentives. I think bumping him up to about $800k base to keep him at the very top of our conference would suffice, and with incentives would give him a million dollar annual contract IMHO

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MattDamon23 said:

Coach Mac is near the top of the conference as far as base and incentives. I think bumping him up to about $800k base to keep him at the very top of our conference would suffice, and with incentives would give him a million dollar annual contract IMHO

I'll add that those incentives on Coach Mac's salary are guaranteed (I'm assuming he gets those for every year he comes back.) It makes me wonder what other incentives are in his contract? 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MattDamon23 said:

Good info!  It would be interesting to see what the AAC salaries look like.  I’m guessing they are quite a bit higher.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

He needs to be near the top of the American. 

It shows how for from that level we are because I think there are all base figures. 

Memphis: 2.5m

Houston: 3.1m

SMU: 2m

Cincy: 1.3m (2.2m before Cronin left to UCLA)

UCF: 1.1m 

WSU: 1m 

Possibly an even bigger deal is how large the coaching pool is for assistants. It's the real foundation of a successful program. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

It shows how for from that level we are because I think there are all base figures. 

Memphis: 2.5m

Houston: 3.1m

SMU: 2m

Cincy: 1.3m (2.2m before Cronin left to UCLA)

UCF: 1.1m 

WSU: 1m 

Possibly an even bigger deal is how large the coaching pool is for assistants. It's the real foundation of a successful program. 

Hard to see him getting anything over the UCF number since football takes up so much of the budget and Littrel has a comfy salary. 

• Sad 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hard to see him getting anything over the UCF number since football takes up so much of the budget and Littrel has a comfy salary. 

If I'm not mistaken, the average AAC school gets over $5 million per year in TV money. CUSA schools get around $500k. The AAC deal may go down some after the realignment but it'll still be better that the CUSA deal. Can any of that extra money be given to the basketball salary pool?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

We need to get the salary and assistant pool up to the SMU/Memphis range within the next couple months. There’s no way Mac stays at his current or near current salary. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

If I'm not mistaken, the average AAC school gets over $5 million per year in TV money. CUSA schools get around $500k. The AAC deal may go down some after the realignment but it'll still be better that the CUSA deal. Can any of that extra money be given to the basketball salary pool?

If so then absolutely throw every extra penny at the coaching staff. Or the NIL to be given to players?? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

AAC media money would give us more to work with.

No doubt it will help, but with a bigger conference comes bigger spending(at least if you want to be successful.) Higher athletics salaries, bigger and better facilities upgrades, bigger budgets. We spend 40m now, so 5m in payout isn't as much if you want to be spending 60-70m. That's what schools like UCF, Cincy, Memphis, and Houston do, and that's what it takes to be successful at a national level. 

I don't know how those schools do it, if it's from donors/fees/state funds/etc. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

No doubt it will help, but with a bigger conference comes bigger spending(at least if you want to be successful.) Higher athletics salaries, bigger and better facilities upgrades, bigger budgets. We spend 40m now, so 5m in payout isn't as much if you want to be spending 60-70m. That's what schools like UCF, Cincy, Memphis, and Houston do, and that's what it takes to be successful at a national level. 

I don't know how those schools do it, if it's from donors/fees/state funds/etc. 

Part of our AD responsibilities is alumni engagement/involvement.   Few schools (I'm thinking Florida schools and Houston) can come close to enrollment/graduation figures.

Historically, we can be better.  Get our number$ up.  Winning, and winning long term, helps a ton.

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, MattDamon23 said:

He needs p5 money,  because he's about to get those types of offers.  Pay the goof coaches!

• Upvote 1