Louisiana Tech (2/26/22)

CMJ

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I can't put my finger on what is is about this game...  It just feels like we'd better bring our A-game, and definitely not look past LATech to our next opponent, UTSA!

Maybe there's a word for this.  Not sure.   Do you feel the same way @Tom McKrackin?

You know, I really don't know much about Basketball, or the psychology involved in it. But I have to think that since every game NT wins just adds to the history that he is making; I don't think he will be thinking of anything but LaTech.

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

You know, I really don't know much about Basketball, or the psychology involved in it. But I have to think that since every game NT wins just adds to the history that he is making; I don't think he will be thinking of anything but LaTech.

Silver,
I get the sentiment, I really do.   

But you can't argue with a straight face that the looming game next Thursday down in San Antonio isn't a huge game against a hungry, nay starving, UTSA squad.   I just hope we don't look past the Bulldogs to that huge game.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 6

I don't think that this is a prima donna team that thinks that all it has to do is show up for a win.  They know that their success is only because they work at it.  They have had several close calls and came through because they work their butts off to be good.  Being the #1 defensive team in Division I Basketball has been the result of talent and concentration.  I don't expect them to do anything other than their best and I see them giving maximum effort.  The 13-game winning streak will keep them focused and they'll give it their all.  They are the best team in Conference USA (and have the best coaching staff).

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I can't put my finger on what is is about this game...  It just feels like we'd better bring our A-game, and definitely not look past LATech to our next opponent, UTSA!

Maybe there's a word for this.  Not sure.   Do you feel the same way @Tom McKrackin?

Its A Trap GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

I don't think that this is a prima donna team that thinks that all it has to do is show up for a win.  They know that their success is only because they work at it.  They have had several close calls and came through because they work their butts off to be good.  Being the #1 defensive team in Division I Basketball has been the result of talent and concentration.  I don't expect them to do anything other than their best and I see them giving maximum effort.  The 13-game winning streak will keep them focused and they'll give it their all.  They are the best team in Conference USA (and have the best coaching staff).

Great post and spot on.  I was worried of a small let down last night.  Didn't happen and that is what impresses me about this team.  Never too high or too low.  That's why we were able beat UAB the other day and come back from 17 down to LA Tech earlier this year.  Bell, Drez, and J.J. don't get enough credit for being great senior leaders of this team.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Shark 64 said:

I'm hoping that we don't come out to hyped up by the first big home crowd and try to do to much. Weather the storm the first 10 minutes and settle into playing our game. La Tech will come out firing. Should be a great game. Can't wait. Go Mean Green!

This crossed my mind as well about the crowd. Focus on what you have been doing the whole year. 

• Upvote 3

"...the Bulldogs shot 53.3 percent in the win over UTSA and 51.7 percent in the win versus Rice with an average of 89 points scored.  They currently rank second in the league and 28th in the country in scoring offense at 78.4 points per game."

"UNT has the No. 1 scoring defense in the country, allowing just 55.4 points per game.  One of the main reasons is their ability to guard the three, allowing opponents to shoot just 28.2 percent from beyond the arc (fifth-best in the nation). 

Only once all season has an opponent made more than six three-pointers against them (last four opponents have combined to make only 12 triples).

On the flipside, the Mean Green are stellar from three-point range.  During conference play, they are shooting a league-best 42.2 percent from deep."

https://latechsports.com/news/2022/2/25/mens-basketball-preview-la-tech-at-north-texas.aspx

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Or iiiissss it??

Excuse Me What GIF

The only trap you need to worry about is the one that’s being built for you in Andrew’s basement. 

The only trap this team needs to worry about is the one that @Tom McKrackin is taking his sweet time calling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1