GMac Interview

55 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

He loves the university.

This is what jumped out to me. He feels very much at home in Denton. Whatever happens this spring, I'd love to be in position to make sure "staying home" has justifiable appeal. As he noted in the interview, the forthcoming move the the American helps.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jdennis82 said:

This is what jumped out to me. He feels very much at home in Denton. Whatever happens this spring, I'd love to be in position to make sure "staying home" has justifiable appeal. As he noted in the interview, the forthcoming move the the American helps.

He runs a good program and goes out of his way to praise his players, coaches, AD, etc. Good leader with a host of good guys that genuinely care about each other. Love that he’s coaching for the Mean Green!

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Will go down as one of the best coaches we've ever had.

He's said repeatedly while in Denton (maybe he said it before) that he intends to win a national title.

I don't know how he will do it, but I'm starting to believe he will, in fact, figure out how to make it happen.

Scott Drew said the same thing when her arrived in Waco after the Dave Bliss debacle and the world laughed. And Mac learned a thing or two from Drew during his time in Waco. While we don’t have the resources that Baylor does, I believe that Mac can build a sustainable, nationally competitive program here in Denton, if we can keep him. As I’ve stated before, our best advantage to keep Mac is the fact that he’s a DFW native and can be a living legend with the most job stability in the country. 

Edited by StealthEagle84
  • Upvote 3