North Texas USFL draft

dml7007

I'd like to see the NFL get smart with this and place teams not in all major media markets but a lot of secondary ones.  Teams would draw better I think in places like OKC, Austin, El Paso, Albuquerque, Louisville, Portland, Salt Lake City, Birmingham, Memphis, etc  in a Spring league going up against MLB (in a normal year) and MLS.

Make it become a legit gateway to the NFL and a place where athletes who have absolutely no interest in "going to class" to get paid while chasing The Dream.

If it were successful, there would be a talent drain of course in NCAA football, and yes, it would be top-down.  But I think in the long run there would be a long-overdue shakeout of FBS programs to offset that to some degree.

I really do think that there's a decent chance that Football develops like this over the decade.