Marketing Question

DemolitionDan

Do we have any former or current Athletic Department / Ticket Office employees on here that could help shed some light? I'm curious what data the Athletic Department tracks and how it is used. Obviously they have a database of all active and non-active donors, one for FB season ticket holders, and then one for MBB season ticket holders. But I'm curious if they have the capability to see if season tickets are scanned (i.e. how many season ticket holders are using their tickets). 

I'm asking because I occasionally get a call from someone in the AD and the conversation goes like this:

NTTO: "Hi, I'm so and so with the NT ticket office and I'm curious if you've had to the chance to come see our MBB team who are having a great season and they would love it if you were to come out and support"

Me: "Yeah, I'm actually a season ticket holder and I've probably missed around 6-7 games over the past 3 seasons."

NTTO: "Oh, that's great thanks for your support, okay have a great day."

I don't mind getting the call, but it's crazy to me that they waste their time calling me instead of using the data they have to accurately target potential new fans. They should cross reference active/non-active donors as well as FB season ticket holders who are not on the MBB season ticket holder list and reach out to them. I know they aren't doing this because I've reached out to friends that are FB season ticket holders who aren't MBB season ticket holders and they have never received that call. Also - if they can track scans, they should be able to see the season ticket holders that do not attend games, and follow-up with them to see if they could assist with finding someone to attend.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows what capabilities they have.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

Same here.  I think they have always chosen the path of least resistance which honestly as someone in sales I can’t blame them. It’s not their fault if that is how the management incentivized them.  It’s really more of a Wren and Neal level issue.  Those who bring in what we used to call organic prospects are much more valuable than “house” accounts.  

• Upvote 1

Once I gave my tickets to a friend at work when I was going to be out of town.  I was curious to see if they used the tickets and asked to see if they had been scanned.  They were able to tell me, so I know someone has access to that information.

The person that took my tickets didn't go to the game.  Also the last time they were offered to this individual.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DemolitionDan said:

Do we have any former or current Athletic Department / Ticket Office employees on here that could help shed some light? I'm curious what data the Athletic Department tracks and how it is used. Obviously they have a database of all active and non-active donors, one for FB season ticket holders, and then one for MBB season ticket holders. But I'm curious if they have the capability to see if season tickets are scanned (i.e. how many season ticket holders are using their tickets). 

I'm asking because I occasionally get a call from someone in the AD and the conversation goes like this:

NTTO: "Hi, I'm so and so with the NT ticket office and I'm curious if you've had to the chance to come see our MBB team who are having a great season and they would love it if you were to come out and support"

Me: "Yeah, I'm actually a season ticket holder and I've probably missed around 6-7 games over the past 3 seasons."

NTTO: "Oh, that's great thanks for your support, okay have a great day."

I don't mind getting the call, but it's crazy to me that they waste their time calling me instead of using the data they have to accurately target potential new fans. They should cross reference active/non-active donors as well as FB season ticket holders who are not on the MBB season ticket holder list and reach out to them. I know they aren't doing this because I've reached out to friends that are FB season ticket holders who aren't MBB season ticket holders and they have never received that call. Also - if they can track scans, they should be able to see the season ticket holders that do not attend games, and follow-up with them to see if they could assist with finding someone to attend.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows what capabilities they have.

Haha I have a couple friends who complain about this very topic. Both have season tickets, but still get calls and emails asking to buy more tickets. Makes the athletic department seem incompetent and/or lazy IMO. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1