Reserved Tickets Sold Out for La Tech

Talon90

3 hours ago, keith said:

I hear what you are saying and I hope the Super Pit is rocking on Saturday, I was just pointing out that people may be jumping to conclusions based on the seating chart graphic included at the top.  Here it is for SoMiss.  I guess reserved seats are sections 104-111 and 117-122, but I don't know for sure.  It's great that these seats are gone.  Looking at the chart, however, one could be led to believe that 112-116 as well as 211A-216 are also "sold-out," but I think these are just held in reserve (not for sale).  Also, the fact that all the other sections are showing that only single seats are available in the entire section is misleading.  Probably not intentionally, we just always show those as "Low" availability and don't bother color coding those based on real availability.  

SoMissTickets.jpg.8ded41d4b78501941984704436c8f852.jpg

I agree on most, but 211A-216 is apparently for “students” and it would be not available for purchase. Not the best view as well

I do know the athletic department is trying to get professors and alumni and such to come to Saturday. Student turnout should be very high with how much they promote it.

I expect 7K…

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Thank you @DemolitionDan for your sanity in an otherwise cesspool of negativity.  Anytime there is a tangible opportunity to move the ball forward in terms of attendance and return customers, we have the usual suspects of @Mean Green Matt and his minions quick to jump on here to pour cold water on us and discount some tangible growth and progress which has been so hard earned. 

How about this, instead of bickering over whether or not the sell out is real or fiction, how about we try to build and retain the new fans that will show up based on the consistent success Mac has instilled?  Exactly as Dan has instructed?    Why can we not as UNT fans be positive when we have every right to be?   And when will the AD decide to take advantage of these small windows of opportunities? 

Who says we can’t bicker but also be happy and positive about the program?

But I’ve seen this from UNT before where they say a large area is “sold out” or not available, then it ends up being 75% full.

I know the players thrive off big crowds, and they absolutely love the maniacs and the energy they bring, but it baffles me at how many excuses I’ve heard on why people don’t come to UNT games. 
It’s just how our fan base will be, UNLESS we make a Loyola run, OR get a new and smaller arena.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Thank you @DemolitionDan for your sanity in an otherwise cesspool of negativity.  Anytime there is a tangible opportunity to move the ball forward in terms of attendance and return customers, we have the usual suspects of @Mean Green Matt and his minions quick to jump on here to pour cold water on us and discount some tangible growth and progress which has been so hard earned. 

How about this, instead of bickering over whether or not the sell out is real or fiction, how about we try to build and retain the new fans that will show up based on the consistent success Mac has instilled?  Exactly as Dan has instructed?    Why can we not as UNT fans be positive when we have every right to be?   And when will the AD decide to take advantage of these small windows of opportunities? 

Would you say attendance talk is a bit of a trap?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

17 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

If my consistently accurate attendance predictions are the reason our attendance is generally awful, then I’m going to transition to making lottery predictions. 

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Who says we can’t bicker but also be happy and positive about the program?

But I’ve seen this from UNT before where they say a large area is “sold out” or not available, then it ends up being 75% full.

I know the players thrive off big crowds, and they absolutely love the maniacs and the energy they bring, but it baffles me at how many excuses I’ve heard on why people don’t come to UNT games. 
It’s just how our fan base will be, UNLESS we make a Loyola run, OR get a new and smaller arena.

Well yeah, with that attitude our fan base will definitely stay the same.

To be honest I wasn't even commenting on the negativity. I was just making a general comment hoping that someone in the AD would consider it if they weren't already. But since the topic of negativity was brought up.....

In the football forum people always say "can't we just enjoy this win" anytime someone takes a half glass empty approach in their comments -  but to be honest I get the negativity when it comes to football because even when we get a win (no mater how impressive) there has been an underlying issue for the past 6 years that suggests that we'll continue to struggle. 

But with basketball, I don't get any negativity (and to be honest don't see too much negativity thankfully). The modern era basketball program is something really special for NT athletics and Grant has proven to be a an incredible hire. Sure there's concern of what the future holds on whether or not we can hold on to Grant, or if we'll ever be able to afford substantial renovations to the Super Pit or build a new arena, blah blah blah. But for now, for this program at least, I'm enjoying the moment and smelling it allllll up, because as many have said before, these guys deserve our undivided attention as they continue to give us something to be proud of in the athletic scene. It's been while, but I have absolutely nothing to be negative about.... well except for the awful officiating we've seen, but there's nothing we can do about that (unless I'm wrong and there is something we can do about it, because I would happily write emails or tweet to hold those guys accountable).

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

I’ll give them credit for showing up but it helps that almost all of them live here. 

Conversely, look at how many UNT Alumni live in the DFW-North Texas region and how many show up at athletic events/games.  LT does a really good job.  UNT?  Not so much.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Kenneth Lofton’s dad is being apparently a “bus” of people from Port Arthur for La Tech. They have a big fan base in DFW

All the more reason that we've got to be a loud and active crowd from the start and throughout. Can't let the LA Tech crowd get any kind of momentum in the building like our travellers did in Ruston.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

I’ll give them credit for showing up but it helps that almost all of them live here. 

I've made this argument before.

DFW's the 4th largest metro in the country. There's a conglomerate of alumni from any and every school here.

I'm proud of the little section our visiting fans filled at LA Tech and UAB. Who the hell is living in Ruston after graduating?

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Rather than build a smaller arena and anticipate a smaller crowd, let's fill the coliseum and spend the money elsewhere. 

GO MEAN GREEN

i don't necessarily need a new arena... but it doesn't mean i don't look longingly at Idaho (yes, Idaho) and their new arena

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 2

On 2/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, Shark84 said:

Remember that a lot of the empty seats with white banners are corporate season tickets that rarely get used. Hopefully they will be given out and used Saturday. 

Corporate season tickets?  I think its Season Tix holders that are too lazy to go to games or only go to Saturday home games.  I think it cost me less than $350 for two season tickets 6ish rows up for every home game.  That's pretty cheap for that many days of entertainment.  Hell of a lot better value than football season tix (which I also have).

The real question is why are so many lower bowl tickets not marked with season ticket holder seat markers, but not available for purchase on the website.  There's only two other season tix holders in my row but I can't ever buy the empty seats next to us if we bring friends... What I can guarantee is our friends just sit in those seats and no one will come challenge them saying they're sitting in their seats.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 hours ago, golfingomez said:

i don't necessarily need a new arena... but it doesn't mean i don't look longingly at Idaho (yes, Idaho) and their new arena

The woodwork is very cool.  When they fill it up it should be an intimate (and loud)  place to watch a game.  However, at 4,200 capacity with retractable seating/benches, it would be a non-starter for me.  

• Upvote 6