Reserved Tickets Sold Out for La Tech

Talon90

I guess we can believe it when we see it.  The online seating chart/ticket availability has looked the same way for a few days now.  If tickets were really being snapped up, some of the more popular sections that had low seat availability 3 days ago would start to fill up/sell out.  I have a hard time believing seat availability in section 201 is "Low" (just like every other section).  This should be the best attended home game of the season, but me thinks something fishy is going on with the ticketing site.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, keith said:

I guess we can believe it when we see it.  The online seating chart/ticket availability has looked the same way for a few days now.  If tickets were really being snapped up, some of the more popular sections that had low seat availability 3 days ago would start to fill up/sell out.  I have a hard time believing seat availability in section 201 is "Low" (just like every other section).  This should be the best attended home game of the season, but me thinks something fishy is going on with the ticketing site.

I think we have to remember. It’s only the reserved seats that are sold out. The rest is just General Admission. So until the game is 100% sold out, no other section will ever show sold out.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I think we have to remember. It’s only the reserved seats that are sold out. The rest is just General Admission. So until the game is 100% sold out, no other section will ever show sold out.  

I hear what you are saying and I hope the Super Pit is rocking on Saturday, I was just pointing out that people may be jumping to conclusions based on the seating chart graphic included at the top.  Here it is for SoMiss.  I guess reserved seats are sections 104-111 and 117-122, but I don't know for sure.  It's great that these seats are gone.  Looking at the chart, however, one could be led to believe that 112-116 as well as 211A-216 are also "sold-out," but I think these are just held in reserve (not for sale).  Also, the fact that all the other sections are showing that only single seats are available in the entire section is misleading.  Probably not intentionally, we just always show those as "Low" availability and don't bother color coding those based on real availability.  

SoMissTickets.jpg.8ded41d4b78501941984704436c8f852.jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, keith said:

Remember that a lot of the empty seats with white banners are corporate season tickets that rarely get used. Hopefully they will be given out and used Saturday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, keith said:

I big time share your skepticism. With regard to the reserve tickets specifically I can’t imagine why they would say sold out unless they actually were. Slow release to imply limited supply? Sure. That’s what we saw with frisco bowl. For instance, every GA section says low availability. Calling bluff on that one. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

I big time share your skepticism. With regard to the reserve tickets specifically I can’t imagine why they would say sold out unless they actually were. Slow release to imply limited supply? Sure. That’s what we saw with frisco bowl. For instance, every GA section says low availability. Calling bluff on that one. 

If I'm not mistaken, @flyonthewall and his buddies are supplying free tickets to folks who come out for the tailgate prior to the game.    I would assume these tickets are for the upper sections (GA).   He's mentioned on here that 100's of his tickets are spoken for already.   I may be wrong on that though...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

And maybe only reserved seating available to LaTech? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I applaud whatever the AD (and everyone else, for that matter) is doing to promote attendance to all games. This team deserves a packed house.  Even though the Super Pit has different numbered sections, I suspect from an inventory perspective all the non-reserved sections are treated as one big virtual GA "section" in the ticketing system.  So as GreenN'walinsVet pointed out, all the GA sections will show availability until that very last seat is sold.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, DemolitionDan said:

With that said, I hope the AD is putting forth a tremendous amount of effort in planning to make sure the production value and experience is well above the standard. Not to say that it hasn't been great so far, but the team does their part on the court, but it's up to the AD to make sure that the overall experience and off-the-court experience is enjoyable enough to bring back those casual fans and individuals that would otherwise not attend.

There's a real opportunity to potentially gain some regular attenders to the fan base, possibly even season ticket holders.

Thank you @DemolitionDan for your sanity in an otherwise cesspool of negativity.  Anytime there is a tangible opportunity to move the ball forward in terms of attendance and return customers, we have the usual suspects of @Mean Green Matt and his minions quick to jump on here to pour cold water on us and discount some tangible growth and progress which has been so hard earned. 

How about this, instead of bickering over whether or not the sell out is real or fiction, how about we try to build and retain the new fans that will show up based on the consistent success Mac has instilled?  Exactly as Dan has instructed?    Why can we not as UNT fans be positive when we have every right to be?   And when will the AD decide to take advantage of these small windows of opportunities? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3