Season Tickets

southsideguy

16 minutes ago, keith said:

For those that elect to withdraw support for the team/program until the current head coach is gone, what are you going to do if the team stays healthy, the previous two recruiting classes come into their own, we get above average QB play, the ball bounces our way more than not and we are able to put together a great (magical?) season next year, possibly win a championship or a bowl game and enter into the AAC on a high note with said head coach and experience similar success in our new home that lasts multiple seasons with that same head coach?  

I suppose you feel the possibility of that happening is so low that you would be comfortable pledging that you will separate yourself from all things UNT football until and only if the head coach is no longer part of the program.  In other words, under no circumstances would you jump back on the band wagon other than the departure of the head coach.  No attending games, no watching them on TV, etc.  Seems like a low-risk proposition, right?  

82d74fdbaa5bf27b5850411196632504.gif

That scenario is oh so fun to daydream about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, keith said:

For those that elect to withdraw support for the team/program until the current head coach is gone, what are you going to do if the team stays healthy, the previous two recruiting classes come into their own, we get above average QB play, the ball bounces our way more than not and we are able to put together a great (magical?) season next year, possibly win a championship or a bowl game and enter into the AAC on a high note with said head coach and experience similar success in our new home that lasts multiple seasons with that same head coach?  

I suppose you feel the possibility of that happening is so low that you would be comfortable pledging that you will separate yourself from all things UNT football until and only if the head coach is no longer part of the program.  In other words, under no circumstances would you jump back on the band wagon other than the departure of the head coach.  No attending games, no watching them on TV, etc.  Seems like a low-risk proposition, right?  

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I am so certain that Littrell won’t win anything, that if he does win a CUSA or AAC Conference Championship, I promise right now that I will buy season tickets and make the 8+ hour drive every weekend from Kansas to watch every home game as penance for doubting him. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

I will for the twenty something year buy season tickets.  I support my University, and it’s student athletes. I give what I have to to buy my season tickets and when I am happy with the direction of things I give more. I vote with my few dollars. I hope, hate to say that it gets old, that next year will be better and it will.  Will SL, make us happy again?  Nothing short of the Championship Game in Denton and subsequent victory should always be our goal. Can he deliver?  I’ll be there to find out!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Half empty stadiums send a message the brass need to see. I'm not worried about the recruiting part of it. Most schools see a solid bump in recruiting when a new coach is brought in and with the transfer portal now, there will be plenty of players for the right coach to choose from. Look at what schools like SMU have done with the transfer portal. You can still give money to the MGSF, athletic department directly, etc. so other programs do not suffer. You can also support those programs by showing up and buying season tickets like many have for programs like basketball. Enough is enough and the athletic department forced fans hands by keeping Littrell past his sell by date. Many of us have seen what we needed to see and 7 years is way too long to change that. 

I hear all that. My main point is summarized as this: people that are in this message board not going to games will not have much of a visual impact because the stadium is generally half capacity on a good day (outside of 1st game of season). This isn't a school with large crowds unless we blowout Arkansas, end up on SC Top 10, and have a once in a generation QB. Other approaches would likely have a larger impact w/o creating any negative impact on athletic funds.

Sidenote: I enjoy going to games, regardless of our W/L record. Yes, winning makes it more fun, but the whole pageantry and hanging out with friends/fellow UNT fans makes the experience.

Edited by CarmanSandiego
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

When we beat UTEP, to get to 4 wins, we were bringing Seth back, no questions asked. The, beating FIU just confirmed that fact. And the ass-kicking of undefeated and ranked UTSA at home was enough for Wren to be open to extending him if he won the bowl game. We did not, so the extension possibility goes into this year, as does the firing. It would seem that 6 and under is fireable, while 7+ earns him an extension.

SMU, FCS Spare, La Tech, Rice, FIU, and whoever else we get from CUSA will get us 4 wins at a minimum.

@UNLV, @UTSA, @UTEP, @Memphis, @UAB, and whoever else CUSA gives us will get us at least 2 wins.

At 6-6, that bowl game we get will probably be the difference between SL being done or getting an extension of at least 3 more years. 

SL knows this, The Lovelace Family and their dollars know this, and Wren Baker's budget and bosses know this. I suspect that SL will be coaching here well into the 2025 season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

Football has:

Made 5 bowls, 2 of them with under 6 wins and got slaughtered in 3 of them

Won the west division in 2017

Had 2 crowds close to a sellout

Received T25 votes for a week in 2018

Basketball has:

Won the CBI

Received T25 votes in 2 separate seasons (2018-19, 2021-22)

Although not quite a sellout, very big crowds in separate seasons like yesterday

Won the regular season twice, west division this year

Won the CUSA tournament with 4 games in 4 days

Went to the NCAA tournament as a 13 seed

Won an NCAA tournament game and beat a T25 team/4 seed

Better coach/coaching staff 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Football has:

Made 5 bowls, 2 of them with under 6 wins and got slaughtered in 3 of them

Won the west division in 2017

Had 2 crowds close to a sellout

Received T25 votes for a week in 2018

Basketball has:

Won the CBI

Received T25 votes in 2 separate seasons (2018-19, 2021-22)

Although not quite a sellout, very big crowds in separate seasons like yesterday

Won the regular season twice, west division this year

Won the CUSA tournament with 4 games in 4 days

Went to the NCAA tournament as a 13 seed

Won an NCAA tournament game and beat a T25 team/4 seed

Better coach/coaching staff 

We are a basketball school with a football problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Renewed my season tickets today. Been around since the “glory year” of McCarney and Skladeny. I have to travel from Deep South Texas for home games and manage to make most of them. That 6 month payment plan sure does make it easy to renew. Go renew your season tickets and continue supporting our school. Some schools would do anything to have a football team. Let’s not take that for granted and appreciate the opportunity we have. Loyal Forever to UNT. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1