Southern Mississippi (2/24/2022)

MCMLXXX

17 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

his was the worse group of zebras officiating the game.  I am glad we get to leave them behind in CUSA.

Knew something was up with them when the Southern Meth player grabbed a loose ball and had practically both feet out of bounds (Bell may have pushed him) and play went on... but they weren't hesitant to blow the whistle the rest of the game. Definitely hourly employees.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Ousmane is great. I feel ridiculous pointing this out but he finished 7/9. Those 2 misses were a wide-open layup and another wide-open shot from just inside the paint on the side of the basket. Against good teams, those 2 shots need to be hit. I bring it up not to pick on him but because I feel like him being 7/9 is not representative of how great of a game he played. This guy is special; he just needs to finish the "easy" shots more consistently. He was dominant tonight on offense and on the glass.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

11 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I heard Grant on the after game show say that So Miss did not have three of there best players with them.     They also had a 10 hour bus ride to get here.   This was the worse group of zebras officiating the game.  I am glad we get to leave them behind in CUSA.

The technical on the USM player for hanging on the rim late in the game was one of the worst calls I've seen this year. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Knew something was up with them when the Southern Meth player grabbed a loose ball and had practically both feet out of bounds (Bell may have pushed him) and play went on... but they weren't hesitant to blow the whistle the rest of the game. Definitely hourly employees.

pretty sure that early in the game a USM defender hand checked our guy that was inbounding the ball while he was still out of bounds

Edited by golfingomez

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Was it hanging on the rim or taunting? I couldn’t figure that out

I couldn't either because I don't think he did either one.  The younger official was the worst.

It was mentioned a couple times last night by Hank, but I give USM credit.  Although undermanned and at the end of a long season, they played hard.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1