Southern Mississippi (2/24/2022)

MCMLXXX

14 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

TBell back on track, Rubin get more chances to run the point/attack the rim, Abou gets more reps down low, and see if the Human Victory Torch gets some decent minutes. 

Also…this is the best UNT team I’ve experienced and I don’t want to miss a chance to watch them play. GMG!

Agree 100%.  I’m fine with attending but I’m much more concerned with issues in the Frisco tournament myself.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I usually get pretty engrossed in games and watch them on TV but for some reason this one just does not move the needle for me.  It seems like they should just give the Mean Green the win they want and be over with it.  Seems silly to have people play for two hours when most of the residents want UNT to win.  I am open to other thoughts on this. 

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

You’ll make it with time to spare.  I’d eat before hand.  My experiences haven’t been too hot with the booths that have been open for games.  Luke warm hot dogs cold hamburger and sub par pretzel.  They’ve only had 2/3 concession booths opened most of the year so I’m assuming predicted numbers drives that for AD

This is my fear.  We finally get some good crowds for tonight and Saturday and the department has two entrances open and a handful of concession stands with hot dogs left over from the last game.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

This is my fear.  We finally get some good crowds for tonight and Saturday and the department has two entrances open and a handful of concession stands with hot dogs left over from the last game.

Lesson learned, we eat and drink before hand.  Grab popcorn and maybe a water bottle there.  🙂

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Stop by The Dive.  Good food and owned by a NT alum.

We go in there regularly, especially after the destruction of Rockin Rodeo.  Wife and I went on our first date when it used to be Pourhouse, so it holds some sentimental value as well.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I just made the drive solo to check the roads out, guys I drove from Lewisville to Denton and there isn’t a bad spot 1 not bridges not side roads not highways.  There is hardly even water on the ground.  Please get out and be safe but no reason to not drive to the game tonight.  I’m bringing my family of 4.  GMG 

Making the trip from The Colony. Hoping it’s all smooth!

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Making the trip from The Colony. Hoping it’s all smooth!

I think you'll be ok.  I'd avoid the giant overpass from 121 to 35 other than that safe travels.

• Upvote 3