Southern Mississippi (2/24/2022)

MCMLXXX

13 minutes ago, Big Z said:

The alumni networking event at the Star in Frisco for tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled for Monday March 7th from 6pm to 8pm.

If they can't drive across town then they aren't driving to Denton.  $20 the roads are fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I saw three wrecks on the way to work this morning(Frisco to Irving) and it's supposed to get worse tomorrow. I love the mean green, but I'm not gonna die on the Lewisville toll bridge/380 to go see us beat Southern Miss by 20.

Call me a fairweather fan, but I don't really care.

Well, kinda by definition...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wonder if Southern Miss will even be able to fly in for this one.

If they do make it, and the game is played, then thankfully it's Southern Miss and their singular conference win against equally-horrible UTSA, not a team that could jump up and bite us like a UTEP or something.

Are they not already there? Flights out of Dallas are being canceled; however our flight into has not been canceled yet. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eulessismore said:

He's busy enough deciding whether to close schools due to weather.

If he decides the weather will be sunny and warm, he doesn't have to worry about closing schools. Come on, Pete!

Honestly I'm just sour. I get tickets for my family of 7 to finally make it up to a game from kaufman county and the weather is bad. If it were up to me, I'd go. I still work in this weather as a first responder so I'm not worried about the roads. I'm used to driving in these conditions. Problem is all the people flying on overpasses or slamming on their breaks at the last second to stop at the light that's been red for minutes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wonder if Southern Miss will even be able to fly in for this one.

If they do make it, and the game is played, then thankfully it's Southern Miss and their singular conference win against equally-horrible UTSA, not a team that could jump up and bite us like a UTEP or something.

I think it is safe to assume they are already here with the announcements that have been made.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

It's not tomorrow night, is it?

You're right.
How 'bout you tell me when it's supposed to warm up enough to melt the ice on all of these overpasses today (as I look out my window watching fresh rain falling)?

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/3d828f7c7d09edeecace3705b290a885fa62f140e7424445bb2afd5b039cd59a

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=320297970141617&set=a.221843199987095

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

17 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Found the guy in a lifted RWD Ram doing 75 on overpasses

Still throwing flames?  Not even close, but I had to learn to drive on ice and snow when I got my first job.  They didn't close down for anything.  

I based my prediction off of the DFW media being known for overplaying winter storms.  Maybe they got it a little right this time.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Still throwing flames?  Not even close, but I had to learn to drive on ice and snow when I got my first job.  They didn't close down for anything.  

I based my prediction off of the DFW media being known for overplaying winter storms.  Maybe they got it a little right this time.

I've always felt they overplay the reaction ("oh no!"), but not the numbers.

When numbers are off, it's because forecasting is not an exact science. no matter where you are

• Upvote 4