Tylor Perry = UNT GOAT?

meangreen11

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Too soon. He’s on the right track though. Hit a game winner that takes us into the S16 this March and he’ll be a lock.

Those 3’s the last twenty seconds… I just expected them to go in. Like, I knew he was going to make them.  We were down two and I knew he was going to take the last shot, it was going to be a 3, and we would likely win.  He’s fun to watch. Glad he plays for the good guys!  GMG!

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Mario Lopez Football GIF

Way too early.   Let’s recall the freakish season Rose had in 2016-17 & what followed.  Let’s see how he finishes up his career here.

Heck, I’m not sure he’s the best player on this team.

I agree it’s too early, but Perry and Rose are  an apples and freight trucks comparison.  Rose hit some threes, Perry has shown an ability to take over games.  

What is most impressive about his “clutch” shots is the amount of energy that is expended all game defending before a big shot is needed

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I agree it’s too early, but Perry and Rose are  an apples and freight trucks comparison.  Rose hit some threes, Perry has shown an ability to take over games.  

What is most impressive about his “clutch” shots is the amount of energy that is expended all game defending before a big shot is needed

And it seems like he’s been working on that floater that Hamlet did so well. Adding that dimension to his game will only make him that much more of a scorer!

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I think we’re short-changing “Sophomore Smart” here.   He averaged over 19ppg, and set the single season record for 3’s.  He was the CBI MVP that year after hitting some clutch shots in that tourney.  He was the man.

I think the comp is apt, because (heaven forbid) Perry could see the same thing happen to him as Rose’s decline his Jr/Sr seasons.

I think this team is way better than that CBI team though.

I’m enjoying the ride!

• Upvote 2

I think the most impressive thing is that none of us thought we were going to be able to replace the playmaking ability of Hamilton. 

I don’t think any of us expected perry to do what he’s done even though he won the MVP and led his team to the championship in JUCO. Kudos to him. 

I remember we were all a little disappointed in this class because we thought it was underwhelming for the season we had just had. Myself included. 

heck, I think the guy most of us were all most about was the kid from Washington, and he has barely ever seen the floor. 

I don’t know how we hang on to McCasland, unless he’s built like coach K, mark Few, or Gary Patterson. If the sports gods finally do decide to smile on us it would be something, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1