UAB (2/19/22)

CMJ

30 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

UAB has exhibited some erratic recent play, but they will be fired up and ready for the Green.

I like NT's chances, but they are going to have to play a lot better than the last game. 

The game is a must win for UAB if they want any chance at the #1 seed so I expect we will get their best punch. Hopefully we can hang around in the first half and steal one at the end. This will be a tall task. A win and we would have a 3 game lead on both La Tech and UAB with 4 to play. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Giddy up, it should be one of the best CUSA games in the history of this conference.

4FC2D266-985B-4099-91A2-F81E6605D016.jpeg

I never saw Cincinnati when they came to Denton with Oscar Robinson at the old Mens Gym, but at the Super Pit many of us saw: 
•••UAB’s Gene Bartow,     
•••Louisville’s Denny Crum (UCLA’ John Wooden’s former #1 assistant)    
•••DePauls Ray Meyer,      
•••Memphis Dana Kirk
•••UT’s Abe Lemons,        
•••UH’s Pat Foster,

•••Texas Tech’s Gerald Meyers,  
•••Lamar’s  Billy Tubbs &      
🔷🔺SMU’s Sonny Allen (with over 10,000 Mean Green fans of which I’d bet 65% were UNT students & a couple SMU frats. 

🟢️UNT Coach Grant McCasland & the Mean Green deserve no less than 10,000 for Saturday weeks regular season finale  game vs. the Bulldogs of La Tech. (Guess I better get my ticket while I can).  

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Biggest game in Western Civilization and ESPN not going to bother covering the game?  Not even  ESPN3?

Reserve the Western Civilization bit for postseason play (league tourney, NCAA, etc).

Edited by CMJ
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

UAB has exhibited some erratic recent play, but they will be fired up and ready for the Green.

I like NT's chances, but they are going to have to play a lot better than the last game. 

And learn to shoot free throws!

• Upvote 3

I have a feeling this is where free throws are going to be the deciding factor in a very close game.

Bell surprised me with a few good FT's in the end of the FAU game but his form does not give me confidence when at the stripe. We've been saying all season how FT's will be our achilles heel. Let's hope this game shows we can overcome that.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Thanks.  ESPN3 is much better than Stadium but beggars can't be choosy.

Agreed. Wore my UNT shirt yesterday at Disney and came across people who recognized the brand and spread the word the game was easy to find on ESPN plus. Nobody including our fellow CUSA member school fans like any game on stadium. You can see them complain elsewhere on social media. It’s the equivalent of Bien Sports only far less known. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1