'23 LB Offer: Dylan Brown-Turner; South Oak Cliff: No Rating

UNTLifer

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

Looks like a great addition. Looking deeper, SMU's old staff offered him, the new one did not, looks like SMU went went the portal.

Ah yes.   We heard this same kind of argument last week, actually.    Nevermind that this guy is a '23 commit, not a '22.

SMU was just beat by NT... again.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FSU football: Thoughts on Dylan Brown-Turner recruitment

FSU football signed 17 prep players in the Early Signing Period last month, with nine enrolling early.

Most thought the staff would be done with high school players in the class until they sent out a late offer on Christmas Eve. Three-star linebacker Dylan Brown-Tuner, a North Texas commit was the recipient, although he had been building a relationship with the FSU coaching staff over the past year.

Then the question was, would he officially visit, which would mean he’s a legitimate option for the Noles? Brown-Turner officially visited FSU over the weekend and spoke with Noles247 before leaving the campus.

Before I read this interview, I had shared on social media I thought the staff could have probably gotten an equal or better player from Georgia or Florida.

However, the interview provided insight into why the staff may take him in this class. Here’s his thoughts on what the staff told him:

“They actually got my measurables today. And he said just by my frame, with what I weighed in at, that’s great size coming in. Him and a few of the players and some more coaches, like DeLoach, his body frame and size, speed, the way they use him as a QB spy, he has great speed tracking down ball carriers. That’s how they envision my playing style.”

READ MORE: https://chopchat.com/2023/01/30/fsu-football-thoughts-dylan-brown-turner-recruitment/

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: Breaking news -- UNT loses commit Dylan Brown-Turner