2022 UNT FB Schedule Predictions

Dannymacfan

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

S3 SMU TBD - I THINK WE PLAY THEM TOUGH AGAIN LIKE LAST YEAR BUT WE LOSE A CLOSE ONE. 0-1

S10 TEXAS SOUTHERN TBD BIG PAYDAY CHECK WIN 1-1

S17 at UNLV TBD I KNOW THIS IS ON THE ROAD BUT UNLV IS NOT VERY GOOD (2-10 LAST YEAR AND LOST TO UTSA WHO WE BEAT) AND I THINK WE WILL WIN THIS ONE 2-1

S24 at Memphis TBD THIS IS THE TOUGHEST GAME ON THE SCHEDULE AND QUITE HONESTLY MEMPHIS IS NOT THAT GOOD.  THEY WERE 6-6 AND LOST TO UTSA LAST YEAR.  IT IS ON THE ROAD BUT I THINK WITH DECENT QB PLAY WE WILL WIN AS WELL. 3-1

O1 RICE TBD RICE IS GETTING BETTER BUT WE WILL WIN THIS AT HOME. 4-1

O15 at Marshall TBD  MARSHALL BEAT US LIKE A DRUM BUT THAT WAS WHEN WE WERE IN A A BAD WAY LAST SEASON AND BEFORE OUR RUNNING GAME EXPLODED AND THIS IS A 7-6 MARSHALL TEAM LAST YEAR THAT LOSES SOME GOOD PLAYERS.  I PREDICT WE WIN IN A NAIL BITER. 5-1

O22 SOUTHERN MISS TBD  WE BEAT USM AT HOME. 6-1

O29 at UAB TBD  WE LOSE IN EVERYTHING TO UAB ESPECIALLY ON THE ROAD 6-2

N5 FIU TBD WE WIN BIG 7-2

N12 at UTSA TBD  I THINK WE SHOULD WIN THIS GAME ALTHOUGH FRANK HARRIS IS BACK AND THE WEATHER WONT HELP US THERE.  I STILL THINK WE WIN. 8-2

N19 LA TECH TBD  I THINK WE WIN THIS GAME BIG AT HOME.  9-2

N26 at UTEP TBD  UTEP IS IMPROVING AND THIS WILL BE A TOUGH WIN OUT WEST BUT A WIN NONETHELESS. 10-2

WOW I MEAN WE ARE NOT THAT GREAT A TEAM BUT THE SCHEDULE IS THE EASIEST I HAVE SEEN US HAVE IN 20+ YEARS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING.  I PREDICT WE WILL HAVE ONE OF THE BEST RECORDS WE HAVE HAD AND WILL GET A VERY GOOD G5 BOWL GAME.  LITTRELL WILL BE RENEWED FOR 2-3 YEARS AND ALL THINGS ARE GOOD AGAIN IN MEANGREEN LAND.  OH AND FOOTBALL WILL RETURN TO ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD.  GMG

If we go 10-2, SL isn't getting a 2-3 year extension--it'd be like a like 5-6 year extension. We have never won 10 games in our history on the field in one season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 2

5 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

S3 SMU TBD - I THINK WE PLAY THEM TOUGH AGAIN LIKE LAST YEAR BUT WE LOSE A CLOSE ONE. 0-1

S17 at UNLV TBD I KNOW THIS IS ON THE ROAD BUT UNLV IS NOT VERY GOOD (2-10 LAST YEAR AND LOST TO UTSA WHO WE BEAT) AND I THINK WE WILL WIN THIS ONE 2-1

S24 at Memphis TBD THIS IS THE TOUGHEST GAME ON THE SCHEDULE AND QUITE HONESTLY MEMPHIS IS NOT THAT GOOD.  THEY WERE 6-6 AND LOST TO UTSA LAST YEAR.  IT IS ON THE ROAD BUT I THINK WITH DECENT QB PLAY WE WILL WIN AS WELL. 3-1

O15 at Marshall TBD  MARSHALL BEAT US LIKE A DRUM BUT THAT WAS WHEN WE WERE IN A A BAD WAY LAST SEASON AND BEFORE OUR RUNNING GAME EXPLODED AND THIS IS A 7-6 MARSHALL TEAM LAST YEAR THAT LOSES SOME GOOD PLAYERS.  I PREDICT WE WIN IN A NAIL BITER. 5-1

N12 at UTSA TBD  I THINK WE SHOULD WIN THIS GAME ALTHOUGH FRANK HARRIS IS BACK AND THE WEATHER WONT HELP US THERE.  I STILL THINK WE WIN. 8-2

N26 at UTEP TBD  UTEP IS IMPROVING AND THIS WILL BE A TOUGH WIN OUT WEST BUT A WIN NONETHELESS. 10-2

WOW I MEAN WE ARE NOT THAT GREAT A TEAM BUT THE SCHEDULE IS THE EASIEST I HAVE SEEN US HAVE IN 20+ YEARS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING.  I PREDICT WE WILL HAVE ONE OF THE BEST RECORDS WE HAVE HAD AND WILL GET A VERY GOOD G5 BOWL GAME.  LITTRELL WILL BE RENEWED FOR 2-3 YEARS AND ALL THINGS ARE GOOD AGAIN IN MEANGREEN LAND.  OH AND FOOTBALL WILL RETURN TO ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE TOP OF THE BOARD.  GMG

Okay but... will we win the bowl game?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

This is a very homer take. We lost some of our best defensive players, our QB play has been a crap shoot for years, and we’ve hardly hit the portal at all to reinforce this team. A 6-7 Missouri team last year was supposed to be a winnable game and we got beaten until we put some garbage time points on the board so I don’t even trust this team to take care of Memphis. I doubt we beat UTSA, I doubt we beat SMU, I doubt we even beat La Tech with a new coach rejuvenating their team. I have been burned too many times by Littrell teams to have faith they can take care of a so called “soft schedule”.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

half baked weed GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

Highly unlikely that this is the schedule we play. Once the courts figure out the divorce papers for the SBC3 to get out early, CUSA is going to have to redraw the schedules. 

Well that’s all fine and good but I guarantee you Judy isn’t the type to get an amicable divorce.  Not only will she sue you for exit fees she will also claim pain, suffering and irreperable damage.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

SL may not be the second coming of Hayden Fry but I would not compare him to Benford. That was an unmitigated disaster.  I believe we expect more out of SL and he can be successful but has disappointed us if he can win more than 8 games and a bowl game he should get an extension. A short leash a incentivize contract. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

If Seth has a good recruiting class and wins 8 he should get a 2 year extension on top of his 2023 year. His compensation is in line with the AAC. Make it bonus heavy with a low buyout. Increase Assistant Coaches $$ pool. Hope he wins 10!!

SextonJimmy.ashx

This guy will not allow your NT-favorable deal to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

54 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I don’t agree with you in terms of this, even in a disappointing season we did manage to get to a bowl game.  With the newly released schedule I don’t see him doing any worse next year.  Benford was much more of a disaster in that particular regard.

Last year wasn’t just the first disappointing season.  6-7 last year followed 4-6 and 4-8 seasons, as some have forgotten. He is under .500 for his career at NT.  

They had to invent a Bowl for us, then NT was dominated in a home game by a 6-6 MAC school. 

The thought that fans are giddy about an upcoming cupcake schedule, just so maybe coach can go 6-6 again is pitiful.

Grant would tell you to get that trash schedule out of here!  Find some real competition.  Play big or go home!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

Littrell is our football-Benford.  
Wren needs to start working on his short list and find our football-McCasland.

Benford torched our program. SL hasn’t done that at all. He took it over from ashes and built it up to something really nice, even if it’s lost it’s shine. There is no comparison to Bumford.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

SextonJimmy.ashx

This guy will not allow your NT-favorable deal to happen.

Sure. The AD needs some balls and just tell him to take it or leave it. He doesn’t have much leverage at this point. 
Plus, you can distract him with an all you can eat ribs offer. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Benford torched our program. SL hasn’t done that at all. He took it over from ashes and built it up to something really nice, even if it’s lost it’s shine. There is no comparison to Bumford.

It wasn't really in ashes the whole time Mac was coach.  Yes, he left it in ashes after the Portland debacle, but he did WIN a Bowl game.  Something SL has failed to do.

There is a bell-curve to these coaching cycles.  We have been on the downhill slope with SL the past three seasons.... heading for the cliff (AAC).

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

It wasn't really in ashes the whole time Mac was coach.  Yes, he left it in ashes after the Portland debacle, but he did WIN a Bowl game.  Something SL has failed to do.

Benford took over a squad that had won two SBC Tournament titles and was an eyelash away from a third. And he got an nba talent waiting for him…then proceeded to lose to a d-2 school in his 2nd game as coach.

SL hasn’t won a bowl game but he has been way better than Benford and a bit better than McCarney overall.

• Upvote 3

Anything less than 8 wins plus a bowl win and Seth is out of here...maybe 9 regular seasons wins plus bowl.

I don't want to hear...he doesn't have the players yet or yet another "Re-building Year". We seem to of been re-building now for a couple of years since MF departed.

Just my opinion.....

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1