C-USA announces 2022 football schedule

Tom McKrackin

DALLAS - Conference USA has announced its football schedule for the 2022 season. The 14-team alignment for the 2022 campaign will again feature each team playing eight conference games, along with four non-league contests. A total of 169 games are scheduled over 13 regular season playing weeks, plus one week zero contest.

Full Composite Schedule

Full Team-By-Team Schedule

The 2022 alignment will feature seven teams in the East Division and seven teams in the West Division. Charlotte, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion and WKU comprise the East Division, while Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, Southern Miss, UAB, UTEP and UTSA make up the West Division.

Each school will play every team in its division once for six games, while playing two cross-over opponents from the opposite division. Each team will reverse the location of its 2021 games against division opponents.

The 2022 schedule complies with C-USA scheduling policies as approved by the Board of Directors.

It is important to note that all games are subject to date changes and some dates are expected to move in the coming weeks in order to accommodate national television selections. A schedule of televised games will be released at a later date. 

Conference USA’s 18th annual Championship Game, pitting the champions of the East and West Divisions, is scheduled for Saturday, December 3.

LINK:  https://conferenceusa.com/news/2022/2/15/c-usa-announces-2022-football-schedule.aspx?fbclid=IwAR36BO8-8q41pxVhyHzMJFJSbIx2y8I3dP_XEMdbqkBiLpF8fdLrKjGbNXo

• Upvote 3

DATE OPPONENT (TV) TIME

S3 SMU TBD

S10 TEXAS SOUTHERN TBD

S17 at UNLV TBD

S24 at Memphis TBD

O1 RICE TBD

O15 at Marshall TBD

O22 SOUTHERN MISS TBD

O29 at UAB TBD

N5 FIU TBD

N12 at UTSA TBD

N19 LA TECH TBD

N26 at UTEP TBD

So stupid question here.. with USM, Marshall saying they are moving in June.  More crossovers??

• Upvote 2

DATE / OPPONENT
Sep3 SMU
Sep10 TEXAS SOUTHERN
Sep17 at UNLV
Sep24 at Memphis
Oct1 RICE
BYE
Oct15 at Marshall
Oct22 SOUTHERN MISS
Oct29 at UAB
Nov5 FIU
Nov12 at UTSA
Nov19 LATECH
Nov26 at UTEP

I see 4, maybe up to 6 wins here.
TXSo
UNLV - maybe
Rice - maybe
SoMiss
FIU
LATech - maybe

Sorry y'all, but Lashlee is going to be a seamless transition for SMU, & Dimel has UTEP moving in the opposite direction as us, and we don't do well when playing at the Sun Bowl with bowl eligibility on the line.  So we'd better win all of those "maybe" games if we want to go bowling.
Also, we're going to be playing UTSA in their (well, not "their") climate-controlled dome, and they're going to absolutely annihilate us down there for ruining their perfect season last November.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 4

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

DATE / OPPONENT
Sep3 SMU
Sep10 TEXAS SOUTHERN
Sep17 at UNLV
Sep24 at Memphis
Oct1 RICE
BYE
Oct15 at Marshall
Oct22 SOUTHERN MISS
Oct29 at UAB
Nov5 FIU
Nov12 at UTSA
Nov19 LATECH
Nov26 at UTEP

I see 4, maybe up to 6 wins here.
TXSo
UNLV - maybe
Rice - maybe
SoMiss
FIU
LATech - maybe

Sorry y'all, but Lashlee is going to be a seamless transition for SMU, & Dimel has UTEP moving in the opposite direction as us, and we don't do well when playing at the Sun Bowl with bowl eligibility on the line.  So we'd better win all of those "maybe" games if we want to go bowling.
Also, we're going to be playing UTSA in their (well, not "their") climate-controlled dome, and they're going to absolutely annihilate us down there for ruining their perfect season last November.

Hey I think your predictions are pretty spot on although I think we will drum UNLV, UTEP and Tech.

My question to you is I thought we were losing USM, Marshall and La. Tech to the Sun Belt?  Why would they still be listed here if they are leaving?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Hey I think your predictions are pretty spot on although I think we will drum UNLV, UTEP and Tech.

My question to you is I thought we were losing USM, Marshall and La. Tech to the Sun Belt?  Why would they still be listed here if they are leaving?

Didn't you see C-USA's threatening letter to those schools?   Basically trying to coerce them to stay (because Judy & Co have no foresight or negotiating skills to come up with an alternate solution), and they probably already had this date on their calendar as the date that football schedules would be released & are unable to adapt to change.

I dunno about beating UNLV on the road.   Have you seen Littrell's road record the past 3 years?  It's 5-12, and definitely would have been worse if we didn't skip road games @Houston & @UAB in 2020.
And again, Dimel has his team trending upward.  Littrell is trending downward/stagnating.
We'll see about Cumbie's LATech squad... that's why I included them as a "maybe".  That underachieving LATech team beat NT last year, and new leadership may turn them back around.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

La Tech is staying in C-USA.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't you see C-USA's threatening letter to those schools?   Basically trying to coerce them to stay (because Judy & Co have no foresight or negotiating skills to come up with an alternate solution), and they probably already had this date on their calendar as the date that football schedules would be released & are unable to adapt to change.

I dunno about beating UNLV on the road.   Have you seen Littrell's road record the past 3 years?  It's 5-12, and definitely would have been worse if we didn't skip road games @Houston & @UAB in 2020.
And again, Dimel has his team trending upward.  Littrell is trending downward/stagnating.
We'll see about Cumbie's LATech squad... that's why I included them as a "maybe".  That underachieving LATech team beat NT last year, and new leadership may turn them back around.

They must have valid contracts with CUSA.  Not so sure that they really want the hassle and possible financial loses to leave early.  

Stating your intentions and actually following through are two different things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't you see C-USA's threatening letter to those schools?   Basically trying to coerce them to stay (because Judy & Co have no foresight or negotiating skills to come up with an alternate solution), and they probably already had this date on their calendar as the date that football schedules would be released & are unable to adapt to change.

FCy9l_wVEAUeyLM.jpg

• Haha 2