Florida Atlantic (2/17/22)

CMJ

10 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

On the road for work, so only catching up on everything now…some quick observations…

- presumably it’s the same basketball venue, but back in the JJ era, FAU made the deliberate decision to shrink their venue capacity with the idea a more intimate arena would create a better atmosphere. I don’t hate that idea.

- I’m maybe there most critical poster of Thomas Bell, or at least his role in the team…but as I sat at dinner impatiently waiting for Gamecast to update the last two minutes, every time I saw UNT had scored I said to myself, “Bell got those buckets” and I was right

- we just won a game with a 3:16 assist to turnover ratio. Someone please explain that to me

-  we lose this game, not to mention LaTech, Western, Marshall…if we had beaten Buffalo earlier this season. That loss is why we’re here. @Andrew

Let me take your points one at a time.

• presumably it’s the same basketball venue, but back in the JJ era, FAU made the deliberate decision to shrink their venue capacity with the idea a more intimate arena would create a better atmosphere. I don’t hate that idea.
    Yep, we need a new arena about half the size of the pit. With the 4K we can get in there easily now it would feel completely different. Hold a part for 3K in a 10K warehouse and it looks terrible. Pack it into a 3K night club and it is rocking.
  • - I’m maybe there most critical poster of Thomas Bell, or at least his role in the team…but as I sat at dinner impatiently waiting for Gamecast to update the last two minutes, every time I saw UNT had scored I said to myself, “Bell got those buckets” and I was right
    Bell is the key to all things good. All those what are we doing early in the season moments when we repeatedly fed him down low and he turned it over, is paying off now.
  • we just won a game with a 3:16 assist to turnover ratio. Someone please explain that to mecalculating the hangover GIF
  • we lose this game, not to mention LaTech, Western, Marshall…if we had beaten Buffalo earlier this season. That loss is why we’re here. @Andrew
    Well played, but you ain't wrong.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

One of my friends, who isn’t really a NT fan, messaged me and asked why we were playing in a high school gym🤣

My wife sat  down as I was watching the game, “Whoa.  Where are they playing?  I thought Boca had money.” 😂

Edited by Glory to the Green

As to a smaller basketball venue, I just have never heard of reducing the size for future shrinkage.  I know there are some scheduling problems with the Coliseum but it seems to me we should take a fraction of the money it would cost to build a new an unbelievably SMALLER arena, and do some marketing to bring more people to watch a “3 time” (?) conference champion team playing for a 40,000 student university.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4