Florida Atlantic (2/17/22)

CMJ

All games are important for our Mean Green. Why? Lack of respect from historical basketball powers and prognosticators. Our Net is 42 and RPI is 38 (this is comparable to some 10 seed projections). We need to win every quad 1 and quad 2 game left (this week’s games) plus not losing to quad 3/4 teams. This means win out if you want respect and a higher seed. The world will not end if we lose one of our remaining games but the road to the big dance becomes more difficult.

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

How did we miss out on playing FIU this year?

Also, how many games the past couple of months have people on this board called "trap games"? I'm pretty sure we've gone undefeated in those games so far.

This will be a tough two-game stretch for sure, but this team has answered nearly every call since the Florida tournament. Unlike a Benford-coached basketball team, or Mac/Littrell-coached football team, I don't feel hopeless about a road conference game.

It’s how the conference schedule was going to be like this year, since Pod play is done. I don’t quite remember how it was before Pod play, but there was 1 team we wouldn’t play from the east. I’m actually glad we aren’t playing FIU because that game was replaced with UAB so we would play them twice. Smart choice by CUSA, a first…

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

It’s how the conference schedule was going to be like this year, since Pod play is done. I don’t quite remember how it was before Pod play, but there was 1 team we wouldn’t play from the east. I’m actually glad we aren’t playing FIU because that game was replaced with UAB so we would play them twice. Smart choice by CUSA, a first…

You play all of the teams in your division twice for 12 total division games, then play 6 of the 7 cross-division opponents. Everyone avoids 1 cross-division opponent, which is FIU for us.

• Upvote 3