Forever Young: 81-Year-Old Jack Allday is Building UNT’s Athletics Program

At an age when many are well into their retirement. Jack Allday is working tirelessly on building an intercollegiate athletics program from the ground up at the University of North Texas at Dallas. The UNTD Trail Blazers began competing in men's and women's basketball, cross country and track & field in 2020, and Allday says the university is moving toward the launch of additonal sports in the future. Allday has done a little bit of everything in his life -- won a Texas state football championship at Highland Park High School in 1957, toured as a musican and had a hit record in 1959, served his country in the Army during the Vietnam War in the 1960s, built a successful advertising business in Dallas, taught college courses and raised a family.

read more:  https://www.untsystem.edu/forever-young-81-year-old-jack-allday-building-unt-dallas-athletics-program

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Can someone fill me on the animosity towards UNT- Dallas?

Also based on the comments it looks like football may be on the horizon =?

I just don't care about them and since the MOD's allow this freaking Bot to post on here with headlines that are false and have nothing to do with us, I become beaten down.  Kind of like that sentence.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

21 hours ago, Skipper said:

...Jack Allday is working tirelessly on building an intercollegiate athletics program from the ground up at the University of North Texas at Dallas. The UNTD Trail Blazers began competing in men's and women's basketball, cross country and track & field in 2020...

Trail Blazers??    Panthers.   Lol.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

16 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

Frankly, what’s good for the system is good for us.

A few folks acting like clowns in this thread…

Really?  Throw a UT-Tyler, UT-El Paso, UT-San Antonio, etc. story up on hornfans.com or a TAMU-Commerce on TAMU's board and watch the clowns come out of the woodwork.

A giggle of Clowns from around the world at the Annual Clown Convention in  Weston Super mare Stock Photo - Alamy

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

Post a UTSA Athletics article on Hornfans and find your answer...

I get your point but the difference is nUTSAck and UTEP etc have been around for decades.  These UNT system schools are brand new and it is interesting to learn about who is coaching their basketball (Josh Howard from the Mavs) and now this new AD that they have.  So while I agree the focus here should be on UNT Denton it is not unusual for us to have some interest in what are essentially brand new programs.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I get your point but the difference is nUTSAck and UTEP etc have been around for decades.  These UNT system schools are brand new and it is interesting to learn about who is coaching their basketball (Josh Howard from the Mavs) and now this new AD that they have.  So while I agree the focus here should be on UNT Denton it is not unusual for us to have some interest in what are essentially brand new programs.

I had no problem with the article, but the Title makes no reference it's about another UNT "system" school.  Was it deceptive on purpose, click-bait?? 

If Skipper would have put "UNT-Dallas" it would have been fine.  When UNT-Frisco starts Athletics are they posting here too?

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Tuesday, November 6, 2018
There has been plenty talk about whether we are still Jaguars or not.

Well, the answer to that question is no. We are Trailblazers with a Jag-like mascot! 

https://news.untdallas.edu/content/are-we-jaguars-or-trailblazers

Well, there is some great marketing to remove any confusion. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1