tailgate for la tech

flyonthewall

13 minutes ago, drex said:

When you let them into the Super Pit, don't let them out until after the game.

I think we should trap students inside because they get their free stuff and leave without watching the game. It baffles me.

But on the idea of a tailgate, I absolutely love it! My group plans on doing something near that area, so I encourage everyone to come to the Pit that day!!

• Upvote 1

My one question/comment, and I unfortunately live too far away to attend, but where do most fans enter the SP?  What area what draw the most attention?  If seems to me that the west side would be best.  Don't most fans park in the lots across North Texas Blvd? and enter from the SW or NW corner?  Also, the west side would be much more visible to traffic, although there is not near as much open space near the SP as the east side.  Just a thought, but I love this idea and wish I were there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My one question/comment, and I unfortunately live too far away to attend, but where do most fans enter the SP?  What area what draw the most attention?  If seems to me that the west side would be best.  Don't most fans park in the lots across North Texas Blvd? and enter from the SW or NW corner?  Also, the west side would be much more visible to traffic, although there is not near as much open space near the SP as the east side.  Just a thought, but I love this idea and wish I were there.

We can't use the parking lot....I'll just leave it at that.   It's going to be awesome.   I wish you could come.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

We can't use the parking lot....I'll just leave it at that.   It's going to be awesome.   I wish you could come.

I agree, it will be awesome and wish I could make it.  I will help spread the word, though.

• Upvote 2

On 2/14/2022 at 6:38 PM, flyonthewall said:

Ok, just got the email from the athletic department so the cats out of the bag.  

We will be cooking up on the concourse in front of (the east side) the super pit for the la tech game on the 26th, and also for the ladies game on the following Saturday.  

They are trying to get rsvp's but anybody that shows up and wants tickets will get into the game.  If you can rsvp through the athletic dept. that would be helpful so I can budget how many ribs to cook etal.

Same sort of thing as the bowl game.  I will have a Western Son Bloody mary bar among other things.

Please bring whomever you want and have some fun.  Lets pack this sucker out that day!!!!

Starts at noon and we are breaking it down at 2 to get everyone in the pit for tipoff.

Go Mean Green!!!!

First off - Thank you for putting this together. The tailgate at UNT bowl game was awesome.

Second - For a live tailgate with food, drinks and music and a game ticket for $10 bucks is the best value I’ve seen in a long time. The game is also at 3pm which will end around 5 or so gives you enough time to have evening plans as well.

@BigWillie has decided to go to a soccer game instead of this game….and thought he was a big UNT fan? 

• Upvote 3

On 2/16/2022 at 7:23 AM, flyonthewall said:

that's the thing.  You show up to the tailgate, we will give you a ticket.  free.....of.....charge......no cost....nada...

and music, and food, and drink, and ice cream and bounce house yada yada......all free....of.....charge.....  The athletic department and the alumni association are going all in on this one.  We need to pack that freakin gym out!!!!

How does one go about requesting tickets?  I will be in Dallas teaching a class but my wife will likely bring my kids.  I have two season tickets, but if there’s a way to get the other two kids in I’m all ears.  

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

How does one go about requesting tickets?  I will be in Dallas teaching a class but my wife will likely bring my kids.  I have two season tickets, but if there’s a way to get the other two kids in I’m all ears.  

Chief there is a link somewhere.   Try the alumni association Facebook page.  But I'm pretty certain they will be available at the tailgate. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2022 at 12:25 PM, UNTLifer said:

My question relates to the $100 bill. Will it be freshly ironed?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

My question relates to the $100 bill. Will it be freshly ironed?

I take them wrinkled, wadded up, pressed, starched, folded and torn and taped up.  I was just thinking of greater visibility.  It is a great event and I wish I could be there.  Hope there is a crowd and everyone enjoys the event and thanks those for putting in the work.