Raise and extension??

Travis

7 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I feel like Mac should be getting  1-1.2m depending on how the rest of the season plays out. 

Agreed. Along with a healthy bump in his assistant coach salary pool and assurances that when the AC expansion project is complete that the new basketball area a is the next capital project for Athletics.

• Upvote 5

Easy to spend someone's else's money.

Baker is paid well to make those decisions.

If it was my decision, I would keep McCasland's salary at the top of CUSA basketball coaches.

Paying more than that IMO is not going to accomplish much.  I am confident that Mc has been offered more money and bigger conference gigs.   He must like it here, or he would be gone.

I think more than salary, bigger home crowds is a more important factor in keeping him happy at NT. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

If it was my decision, I would keep McCasland's salary at the top of CUSA basketball coaches.

Paying more than that IMO is not going to accomplish much.  I am confident that Mc has been offered more money and bigger conference gigs.   He must like it here, or he would be gone.

I think more than salary, bigger home crowds is a more important factor in keeping him happy at NT. 

Is he at the top of CUSA already? I couldn't find any recent info on salaries. 

I disagree if you are saying he doesn't deserve a bump. He has performed stellarly, and that deserves recognition. It shows that his efforts are noted and recognized. It also sends a clear message that he has the full support of the Athletic Dept. and UNT behind him, and IMO that message is the most important thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How much is Mac worth to North Texas?

When North Texas starts ending the basketball seasons ahead of perennial powers like North Carolina and Indiana, we'll need to pay him at that market value, or even higher because his challenge was much greater. He's that good.

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL NET RANKINGS

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

• Upvote 4

On 2/14/2022 at 12:10 PM, GrandGreen said:

How can you say this when you know he deserves at least as much as Littrell is getting?? Shame on you we expect better from you @GrandGreen

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2