Bubble Watch

Andrew

Both UAB and UNT have made the bubble watch. Obviously both need to win out and make a deep run in the CUSA tournament, but a 2 bid conference seems a little bit more plausible. Both listed as work to do. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/33209419/ncaa-tournament-2022-bubble-watch-brace-month-march-madness-bracket-selection-drama

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Obviously that is the goal; however it would be really nice is CUSA managed to get two teams in. 

Ok, then I hope:

1) We take only one more regular season loss (at UAB in a 1 point game)

2) UAB takes only one more regular season loss, at La Tech to end the season

3) We win the conference tourney final over UAB by 2 points

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Ok, then I hope:

1) We take only one more regular season loss (at UAB in a 1 point game)

2) UAB takes only one more regular season loss, at La Tech to end the season

3) We win the conference tourney final over UAB by 2 points

I don’t know if I can take another wild championship game. My heart could barely handle last year 

• Upvote 1

Hypothetically, say we win out.... you're talking about a 24-4 team that never lost a true road game. In that scenario we still couldn't afford a bad loss at conf tourney, but say we lost in Semis or Finals (UAB or La Tech) and were 25-5 or 26-5 and had a top 40 NET..... I'd be irate if we got left at home.. as it stands, we aren't an at-large, but keep winning and raising the hype and rip off the next 6 and you make it very hard on the committee to leave you out.

• Upvote 4

We have one more Q1 game (UAB), two Q2 games (FAU & UTEP), one Q3 game (LaTech) and two Q4 games (UTSA and USM).  For any chance at an at large we need to win all these games and if we lose in the CUSA tournament, it needs to be to UAB which will be another Q1 game.  That would make us 2-2 vs Q1 and 5-1 vs Q2 depending on who we play in the CUSA tourney. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drex said:

Politics will never allow two C-USA teams into the big dance.

It has been awhile for CUSA, but keep in mind that in 2013 both MTSU and Western Kentucky received bids (Blue Raiders as the at large) as members of the Sun Belt.  

Don't get me wrong...it's an uphill climb.  If the past is any indication, though, a team from a midmajor conference such as ours probably needs to be receiving some top-25 votes to really be in good shape.  Also, while technically not a factor, our results last year help.

4 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

It has been awhile for CUSA, but keep in mind that in 2013 both MTSU and Western Kentucky received bids (Blue Raiders as the at large) as members of the Sun Belt.  

Don't get me wrong...it's an uphill climb.  If the past is any indication, though, a team from a midmajor conference such as ours probably needs to be receiving some top-25 votes to really be in good shape.  Also, while technically not a factor, our results last year help.

We beat the now top 5 team and we’re up on a now top 15 by 8 before we ran out of gas. 

Mean Green in North Texas If you’ve just played two Quadrant 1 games this season and have a.500 record, you’ll need to win almost all of your remaining games to capture the committee’s attention. That’s pretty much what North Texas has been doing since late November. After losing to Kansas in Orlando, the Mean Green went on to win against Wichita State the following month as part of a 14-game winning run that is currently continuing. Head coach Grant McCasland loves a slower tempo, and offensive rebounding duo Thomas Bell and Abou Ousmane provide UNT a boost. The “1” in the 14-game winning streak was a six-point defeat against UAB at home. The rematch will take place in Birmingham later this month.

read more:  https://talesbuzz.com/ncaa-tournament-2022-bubble-watch/

• Upvote 1