SOW❇️ALERT! Houston’s UNT FB Letterman & Millionaire featured on Texas Country Reporter.

PlummMeanGreen

Hilarious vintage store commercials from UNT alum Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale’s Gallery Furniture.  

Mattress Mack is very involved with the Houston community as featured in the Texas Country Reporter video below.
Some of us started watching Bob Phillip’s video trips all over Texas when he was employed at Dallas’ Channel 4 (KDFW) & his show back in 1972 was called 4 Country Reporter.  Enjoy.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Some friends of ours invited us to a Texas A&M game.  Right before kick off, a Mattress Mack commercial promoting A&M came on. I pointed and told my wife, “UNT Grad.”  Apparently he’s a big supporter of them? 

Lots of Aggies on the Gulf Coast.  
I worked construction at Dow Chemical (Freeport) one summer & thought Dow was a Texas A&M Experiment Station (of which there was one of those 4 miles from where I grew up between Angleton & Danbury). 

TAMU has half a million former students & I’d bet most of them live in Texas.  

As most on GMG would know McIngvale gave North Texas $1,000,000 toward the Athletic Center.  Wren Baker probably needs $50 million for what I think he wants to do to expand the AC, but at least that part is already built. 

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Lots of Aggies on the Gulf Coast.  
I worked construction at Dow Chemical (Freeport) one summer & thought Dow was a Texas A&M Experiment Station (of which there was one of those 4 miles from where I grew up between Angleton & Danbury). 

TAMU has half a million former students & I’d bet most of them live in Texas.

I don’t doubt that it’s smart from the business side of things, it just caught me off guard. 

• Upvote 1