New Texas NIL Ploy

Coach Andy Mac

Beginning this fall, fans will have the opportunity to really "dress like a Longhorn."  Through collaboration with Fanatics and OneTeam, fans will be able to purchase customized Nike branded jerseys of their favorite Longhorn football players, and athletes will be compensated for each sale.   

Fans may select any Texas football player who opts into the previously announced group license program administered by The Brandr Group, which is an affiliate of OneTeam Partners.  Jerseys will be available online via the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop at Shop.TexasSports.com.

Stay tuned for more information on exciting player-branding apparel options coming this spring! 

About Fanatics and OneTeam Partners Group Licensing Program

OneTeam Partners is partnering with Fanatics to provide current college football players the opportunity to profit off an officially licensed co-branded jersey customization program that is set to launch ahead of the 2022 season.  Fanatics will offer customizable Nike football jersey blanks while The Brandr Group & OneTeam Partners will administer the group rights of the program's college athletes. Retail touchpoints will include e-commerce, wholesale and physical stores inside stadiums and arenas. Fanatics, OneTeam and The Brandr Group plan to eventually expand the program to more men's and women's sports.

read more:  https://texassports.com/news/2022/2/9/texas-athletics-custom-football-player-jerseys-coming-this-fall.aspx

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I wish we had the same option.

Agreed! But then I would have to find a closet to put all my UNT jerseys because I would buy so many over the years. 

The Athletic Dept needs to help push Player designed T-shirts Like someone on this board did with Torrey Last season with the palms up. The more they do with helping get these kids some extra pocket change the more of a difference its going to make either recruiting guys or keeping the guys we have. Im not sure if there is supposed to be an "Arms Length" between the universities and NIL or not because all this crap is new to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1