Are you watching the Olympics?

There are just so many other viewing options these days that it doesn’t even register on my to-watch list. It has zero to do with China, the Winter Olympics just don’t do it for me. I do enjoy the sprints at the summer games though. Must see tv for me.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

I throw it on when making and eating dinner. I watch all Mavs games so that takes priority most evenings. Nothing against the Olympics, something about the internet age playing spoiler has taken away a lot of the luster for me. If I was watching live competitions I'm sure I'd feel different.

• Upvote 3

Used to love the winter Olympics.  Skiing, ski jumping, hockey?  I'll take those over any summer Olympic events.  But I'm kind of with Jonnyeagle in thinking China has no business hosting Olympics, and I just plain have too many other things going right now.  I still wish our athletes well, but I haven't watched any of it and I doubt I will.

• Upvote 2

On 2/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

No i refuse to support China!

Probably 80% of the things in your home came from China my dude. 

I like speed skating but it would make more sense to me if they used the big track for racing and the short track for timed heats? It's exciting to watch but it's such a shit show, doesn't feel like it fairly determines the best. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Probably 80% of the things in your home came from China my dude. 

I like speed skating but it would make more sense to me if they used the big track for racing and the short track for timed heats? It's exciting to watch but it's such a shit show, doesn't feel like it fairly determines the best. 

80%?  Maybe not dude.  

You realize these are two different events, right?

I have watched things the U.S. is competing in, but won't watch the random hockey or curling match.  I find it ridiculous that China is allowed to host in today's day and age regardless of who did or didn't bid to host the games.  Russia being allowed to compete at ROC instead of Russia is also B.S. and shows the lack of backbone by the IOC, which is the international version of the NCAA.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 2/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

No i refuse to support China!

And I also refuse to support those people that support China because they can easily sell out their country.

Sorry, Bill Gates. Sorry Biden family. Sorry, LeBron. Sorry, NBC. Sorry Fauci. Sorry, facebook, and twitter.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4

On 2/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, ADLER said:

And I also refuse to support those people that support China because they can easily sell out their country.

Sorry, Bill Gates. Sorry Biden family. Sorry, LeBron. Sorry, NBC. Sorry Fauci. Sorry, facebook, and twitter.

__sent from iPhone__

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 2/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, greenminer said:

Some article came through my world that pointed out that they put a ski slope right next to a nuclear reactor.

Not a good look.

The internet had a field day with that dystopian hellscape in the background of that event.

The CCP had their internet trolls out there on social media platforms that the Chinese people can't even use, replying to anyone who posted/reposted the picture that what they saw with their eyes "is not a nuclear cooling tower, its a former steel mill cooling tower which now rises over a beautiful park for the local people!"

I've been to China multiple times.  Its amazing how dishonest it is even when you're staring their lies and disinformation directly in its face.  One of my favorite memories was talking to the Austrailian in-house Polo Pro at the Tianjin Polo Club who said it was the best job he's ever had because none of the horses actually had owners... or a Schneider Electric manufacturing facility they had clearly staffed and spooled up just for an hour long real estate tour we were on.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
grammar
  • Upvote 2