Jump to content
  • North Texas vs. UTEP

    • Days
    • Hours
    • Minutes
    • Seconds

KICKBALL IS BACK! UNT Cheer Team Fundraiser for 2022


KRAM2
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KRAM2 said:

NEW INFORMATION: We Now Have the Links for Player Sign-Ups and Donations:

To Play: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

To Donate: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

Hoping to see a few sign-ups and perhaps a donation or two from this group...good group of stdent-athletes who get VERY little financial support from the university.  Lots of hours put in to support our athletic teams and the university outside of athletics.

with north texas turning into a basketball school, put this stuff on that forum as well

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Not kick ball related but have a bit of an emergency and lost all my contact info. Could you plz give me a call.

Also if anyone on here has Mark’s info and could relay this I’d really appreciate it!

 Stephen West

 (in case you didn’t know by the screen name)

Edited by ScreamingEaglesFan
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2022 at 1:33 PM, ScreamingEaglesFan said:

Mark,

Not kick ball related but have a bit of an emergency and lost all my contact info. Could you plz give me a call.

Also if anyone on here has Mark’s info and could relay this I’d really appreciate it!

 Stephen West

 (in case you didn’t know by the screen name)

Just sent you a PM here on GMG.com with my contact info!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, KRAM2 said:

By the way folks...the weather is looking GREAT for the 26th.  Right now I am showing a forecast of 73 degrees and sunny! Absolutely perfect.  SO, even if you don't care to play...come out and watch and enjoy the show, be part of the tailgate and take a look at some great silent auction items.

 

This is my SWAN SONG with this event.  Been doing these events for about 14 years.  WE have raised a bunch of money for scholarships and we have had a great time playing everything from touch football, to basketball, to softball to kickball in that span of years.  

 

If anyone would like to take this project on going forward I would be more than happy to help in the transition and stay on for the next year in a "helper/advisor" sort of role.  But, time for new leadership.  PM me here if you have any interest in seeing that these great student-athletes continue to get the support they deserve for all they do on behalf of our great University.

I’ll never forget playing flag football lined up on defense across from Johnny Quinn.  I might as well have been standing still.  
 

Thanks for the memories @KRAM1 and @KRAM2

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a frigging blast at this event. Thank you KRAM2, thank you Cheer Team, and thank you Tracie O'Neal.

The game was fun and the auction was an outstanding opportunity to get collectibles and tickets for an incredible price.

And all for a tax deductible charity price to benefit a favorite philanthropy.

Hopefully this fundraiser will assist our Cheer Team in bringing back a second consecutive National Championship.

Go Mean Green, 

Adler

 

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ADLER said:

I had a frigging blast at this event. Thank you KRAM2, thank you Cheer Team, and thank you Tracie O'Neal.

The game was fun and the auction was an outstanding opportunity to get collectibles and tickets for an incredible price.

And all for a tax deductible charity price to benefit a favorite philanthropy.

Hopefully this fundraiser will assist our Cheer Team in bringing back a second consecutive National Championship.

Go Mean Green, 

Adler

 

 

Really was great seeing you at the event.  Thank you for helping us raise some much needed cash for these great student-athletes.  Appreciate you!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that's a wrap folks!  I just want to say "thank you" those here that participated in the event.  It was another great success, and for those in attendance you saw just how much it means to the UNT Cheer program to have this kind of support from Alumni.  I had so many Cheer kids and/or their parents come up to me and thank me for holding this annual event.  We have done it for fourteen years now....eleven years specifically for UNT Cheer.

What is really nice is how well the Cheer Team parents have embraced this event.  WE had one Dad drive up from San Antonio just to surprise his daughter at the event.  She had no idea that he was coming.  In addition, the Cheer parents set up a great tailgate for us all to enjoy after the game with fresh cooked burgers and hot dogs with all the trimmings.

It just seems to get better every year...of course, the great weather helped a ton.  Was also great that Wren stopped by to check on us and handed me a very nice cash donation for the team as well.  Got to thank him personally for all he did to keep Coach McCasland at UNT.

So, thanks to all and especially to those of you here on GMG.Com that participated in any fashion.

 

Bottom Line:  WE HAD FUN and WE DID GOOD!  Raised several thousand dollars just in the one event!  Thank you!

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those who participated and for anyone else who might be interested....this little one morning Kickball event raised over $6,000.00 for our great Cheer Team kids!

Again, thanks to all who supported this year's event!

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KRAM2 said:

For those who participated and for anyone else who might be interested....this little one morning Kickball event raised over $6,000.00 for our great Cheer Team kids!

Again, thanks to all who supported this year's event!

Was not able to participate this year but look forward to next year.  Thank you for all you do!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BREAKING NEWS!  This last Sunday the Cheer and Dance Teams had their annual "Send-Off Showcase" at the UNT Volleyball Gym.

Cheer and Dance teams from UNT, DBU and TWU participated and showcased their National Championship Competition routines they will soon be using at the National Championships in Daytona Florida.  You may recall that our UNT Cheer Team brought home a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP from last year's competition.  It was a great Showcase and our teams represented UNT admirably.

BUT THE BIG NEWS was that after the event Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr Elizabeth With, presented our Spirit teams with a check for $500,000 to create and endowment for Spirit Team student athlete scholarships!

At last, the University has recognized the hard work these student-athletes do in support of UNT Athletics and UNT in general.  Over the last decade (yeas decade) the little events that we have been holding has raised in the $100,000 range, but we could not start an endowment as we had to use the funds generated each year for "current year" scholarships.  These funds will allow the Spirit teams to offer some level of scholarships annually for their team members while continuing to build the endowment to offer more and larger scholarships each year.

Thanks to all here who have participated over the years. I have to think that our volunteer effort had some effect on the University finally stepping up in support.  

Really great news for these kids!

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KRAM2 said:

BREAKING NEWS!  This last Sunday the Cheer and Dance Teams had their annual "Send-Off Showcase" at the UNT Volleyball Gym.

Cheer and Dance teams from UNT, DBU and TWU participated and showcased their National Championship Competition routines they will soon be using at the National Championships in Daytona Florida.  You may recall that our UNT Cheer Team brought home a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP from last year's competition.  It was a great Showcase and our teams represented UNT admirably.

BUT THE BIG NEWS was that after the event Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr Elizabeth With, presented our Spirit teams with a check for $500,000 to create and endowment for Spirit Team student athlete scholarships!

At last, the University has recognized the hard work these student-athletes do in support of UNT Athletics and UNT in general.  Over the last decade (yeas decade) the little events that we have been holding has raised in the $100,000 range, but we could not start an endowment as we had to use the funds generated each year for "current year" scholarships.  These funds will allow the Spirit teams to offer some level of scholarships annually for their team members while continuing to build the endowment to offer more and larger scholarships each year.

Thanks to all here who have participated over the years. I have to think that our volunteer effort had some effect on the University finally stepping up in support.  

Really great news for these kids!

 

Falcon Heavy....just amazing. - General Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.