KICKBALL IS BACK! UNT Cheer Team Fundraiser for 2022

KRAM2

On 2/8/2022 at 5:16 PM, KRAM2 said:

OK...after a two year break due to COVID...we are back for 2022!  We will once again be working to help provide scholarship money to the UNT Cheer Team.

This year's event will take place on Saturday, MARCH 26th at the UNT SOFTBALL COMPLEX.  Yes, the newly renovated UNT Softball Complex.  Registration and t-shirt distribution will begin at 10:00am with the first "roll" by none other than the great SCRAPPY, at approximately 11:00am.

Registration is still only $35.00 per player and all proceeds go to the UNT Cheer team account.  There will be a silent auction with lots of great stuff including UNT items you are sure to want. There will also be a tailgate with food available for a donation to the Cheer program provided by the UNT Cheer parents and a 50/50 raffle drawing.

We hope to have an alternative site announced soon in case of poor weather on the 26th.  Also, we hope to have a registration/donations link up soon.  When that is available, I will post it here for all to use should they wish.

So, at this point what do we need?

1. Players....will Thor be the first to sign up once again?  It is tradition, you know?

2.  Silent Auction Donations - Let me know if you have something you would like to donate to the auction

3.  Sponsorships - if you or your business would like to help sponsor this event please let me know and we can work out the details/amounts, etc.

5.  Donations - if you cannot play and cannot attend and would like to help these student-athletes, donations of any amount are appreciated and welcomed.

6.  Attendees! We need folks to simply show up and support this event and perhaps bid on a silent auction item or two.

OK...more to come in the next few days, but for now check out the "needs" list and get the 26th down on your calendars...it is going to be FUN!

I am in !!!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

How can I do this?  Sounds like fun and have been wanting to find a reason to get back to Denton.

sign up...get in car...drive to denton....pretend to be an athlete...enjoy your day...it's that easy

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

How can I do this?  Sounds like fun and have been wanting to find a reason to get back to Denton.

Glad to hear...just send me a PM here with your t-shirt size and name and I will add you to the player list.  It really is that simple.  When we get the link up you can register there and pay the entry fee or you can pay when you get to the softball field day of game.  Appreciate you and your support.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Back-Up Foul Weather Plan Now in Place!

In case of foul weather that keeps us from utilizing the UNT Softball Field for our Kick-0Ball and Silent Auction event...we have obtained the use of UNT's INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY.  If a wet field or other foul weather p0revents us from our use of the softball field beginning with registration at 10:00 am, we will move the event to the INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY with a 2:00pm registration time and 3:00pm kick-off.  Remember...this is a back-up plane in case of bad weather only.  WE still plan of playing on the Lovelace Softball Field beginning with a 10:00am registration and 11:00am kick-off.

Really appreciate the Athletic Department working with me on this so we do not have to cancel the event due to poor weather.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, KRAM2 said:

UNT's INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY.  If a wet field or other foul weather p0revents us from our use of the softball field beginning with registration at 10:00 am, we will move the event to the INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY with a 2:00pm registration time and 3:00pm kick-off. 

Wow that’s great news!  I will be thrilled to say I got to play in the new indoor practice facility!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

How many games will there be?

This will be a great segue into the basketball tailgate and game.

One game.  And, it is MARCH 26th...not Feb 26th.  Don't think we are playing BB at the Super Pit on March 26th.  Wpould love to see you come out and play. It's for a great cause.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, KRAM2 said:

STill looking for a bit of support from you folks here on GoMeanGreen.Com....lots of ways to help out these great student-athletes.  Please consider.

Hello - thank you for doing this.  I am not able to play but would like to donate money for the cause.  Can you provide a Go Fun Me type link for donations? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, greengal said:

Hello - thank you for doing this.  I am not able to play but would like to donate money for the cause.  Can you provide a Go Fun Me type link for donations? 

Thank you so much. We are working on getting a link set up for registration and donations. I will post it here as soon as it is available. Appreciate your support for these hard working student-athletes! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

NEW INFORMATION: We Now Have the Links for Player Sign-Ups and Donations:

To Play: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic

To Donate: https://one.unt.edu/annual-spirit-classic-donation-page

Hoping to see a few sign-ups and perhaps a donation or two from this group...good group of stdent-athletes who get VERY little financial support from the university.  Lots of hours put in to support our athletic teams and the university outside of athletics.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, an early shout out to ours sponsors to date:

Mr. & Mrs. C Dan Smith

Addison Transportation

Oak Street/East Side/Miss Angeline's

Dot's Hop House

So very much appreciate your support. 

Still looking for additional Sponsors.  If you or your firm would like to help out the student-athletes, just PM me here and I will get in touch with you ASAP.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1