Rice (2/12/22)

Big Z

59 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

This is exactly what happened at Arkansas State.  Hodge applied for the HC job and McCasland endorsed him, but Arkansas State went with someone else.  I know the team loves him, and with him being the brains behind the defense, I would think Wren would hire him.   Hopefully they both stay for a very long time, but if Mac leaves I would be thrilled with Hodge.  

Good info. And I’m sure a Mac endorsement would hold even more weight than it did back then. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Figure a way to keep Grant.

What would you suggest?

Throwing our football budget at him?  SL makes ~ 1.9 mil a year.  Scott Drew makes ~ 2.7+ mil/year

We can toss more money at him and maybe it helps us beat out a conference peer trying to lure him away.  That's rare though.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Here we go again.  Another game thread after a win morphs into a Mac is leaving thread.

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Also, someone suggesting our AD is asleep because he doesn't everything he is doing to the public.  Seems folks said he was asleep at the wheel regarding realignment, yet here we are on our way to the American.  Baker cut his teeth on basketball.  I am sure he is doing everything possible to wrap up McCasland

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Here we go again.  Another game thread after a win morphs into a Mac is leaving thread.

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Also, someone suggesting our AD is asleep because he doesn't everything he is doing to the public.  Seems folks said he was asleep at the wheel regarding realignment, yet here we are on our way to the American.  Baker cut his teeth on basketball.  I am sure he is doing everything possible to wrap up McCasland.

Lifer, with all do respect,  I seriously think you have a problem with reading comprehension. 

But grateful you are a Mean Green fan. ✌️

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Please tell me what I am missing?  There is a long discussion about what we do when Mac leaves and a comment that our AD is “asleep at the wheel” because he isn’t over glad handing students like RV. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Can you post a link or provide some quotes please?

https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1524/content/unt:allaccess-Archive-2111

...being that the Varsity Network App is exclusive to mobile devices, this will not work on desktop.  It will simply prompt you to install/open the Varsity App.  If you already have it, then the link will take you straight to the game audio.