Rice (2/12/22)

Big Z

55 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

You don't want to pay $6.95 to Judy & Co to listen to the Rice AM Radio broadcast overlayed with the questionable AV Club camera work of CUSA.tv???

😂😂

12 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Who drew the technical ?

I was confused on that too. It thought it was on the foul on Stone, but there was something else there. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NTEdgex2 said:

Technical on Rice coach. Didn’t like the foul called. 

GMG! 

Scott Pera is the biggest cry baby in the conference, it’s unbelievable. Down 20+ complaining about a foul?! Lol he should learn some stuff from Mac instead of bitching 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, akriesman said:

My God McCasland is special.   I have been a UNT fan since '86.    I have never seen a tactician like him in any of UNT's major sports.   Rice didn't have a prayer against NT in either game, because of Grant's defense.   

If and when Grant is purged by a bigger program, Ross Hodge needs to be the HC (unless he gets purged).   We need to keep this system going from within.    Hodge has been with Grant for many years, knows the system and has seen the results here.    The blueprint for winning here has been set.

Ross is a big part of Grant's family/equation.  Not really a hired-gun.

If Grants gets hired away, I think he's taking Ross with him.   I like him though, and would hope we make an offer.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Ross is a big part of Grant's family/equation.  Not really a hired-gun.

If Grants gets hired away, I think he's taking Ross with him.   I like him though, and would hope we make an offer.

Grant seems like the type of guy who would endorse Hodge for filling his vacated HC role if it came to that. He knows how important it is to get your guys those opportunities.

• Upvote 5

Do we think Grant is interested in captaining the ship to the American? I mean it has to be pretty interesting carrot right? In my mind it means he would have to be leaving for a P5 situation. I think it does help us that his style and his recruiting are far from flashy. We do, however, owe this program an uptick in support. That would be the main strike against staying at UNT right? Playing in front of some great crowds.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

So after witnessing that big win at Rice in person, we hopped over to catch the Jones Boys at Texas southern play Grambling......Texas southern draws better than we do.....

That’s because you have an AD that’s asleep at the wheel concerning our BB program. 

One thing about RV, after every game he went over to the Pit Crew and thanked them. He did that after every game!! He promoted student participation.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 4

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Grant seems like the type of guy who would endorse Hodge for filling his vacated HC role if it came to that. He knows how important it is to get your guys those opportunities.

This is exactly what happened at Arkansas State.  Hodge applied for the HC job and McCasland endorsed him, but Arkansas State went with someone else.  I know the team loves him, and with him being the brains behind the defense, I would think Wren would hire him.   Hopefully they both stay for a very long time, but if Mac leaves I would be thrilled with Hodge.  

• Upvote 1

Here we go again.  Another game thread after a win morphs into a Mac is leaving thread.

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Also, someone suggesting our AD is asleep because he doesn't everything he is doing to the public.  Seems folks said he was asleep at the wheel regarding realignment, yet here we are on our way to the American.  Baker cut his teeth on basketball.  I am sure he is doing everything possible to wrap up McCasland.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2