Mean Green on SportsCenter

54 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

1, Keep Grant McCasland

2. Recruit players and playmakers (NT should be a destination University for top basketball players to attend

3. Promote basketball to Dentonites and the North Texas area

4. Keep Grant McCasland

Whatever it takes. Hell, as much as I'm indifferent to basketball, I might even attend a game....or two.  I haven't attended a basketball game since I was in High School. And that was because I was in the pep band.

Also, there are other schools that can throw more money at Mac than we can. But if it were up to me, besides money, I would talk to him about his potential legacy.  You know, the house that "Mac" built. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Whatever it takes. Hell, as much as I'm indifferent to basketball, I might even attend a game....or two.  I haven't attended a basketball game since I was in High School. And that was because I was in the pep band.

Also, there are other schools that can throw more money at Mac than we can. But if it were up to me, besides money, I would talk to him about his potential legacy.  You know, the house that "Mac" built. 

Just guess’in but I think the only job Grant would leave UNT for is Baylor.
 These other pit stops you have 2 losing seasons & you are a goner.  
Not near as much pressure at UNT, so legacy is a worthy goal.  I think the only thing that could discourage any UNT varsity coach to stay is if Attendance doesn’t improve significantly. 
All our coaches understandably want larger crowds for their recruits to play in front of.  I think attendance wll improve if we can silence a pandemic & all our  varsity teams have 4 or more consecutive winning seasons.
 The last time we did 4 in a row in football was 1975, 1976, 1977, & 1978.  

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Basketball is just so much more of an even playing field. I wouldn't mind if they took some of the salary pool dedicated to football and gave it to basketball. Clearly looking at SL, a high salary doesn't equal results. That said, being able to pay Grant just over 1 million, say 1.2 million, would put us around lower power conference schools. Being able to fend off lower P5 schools would be great. I know people say he wouldn't leave unless for Baylor but let's be honest, if a school offered 2 million, more than 3 times his current salary, anybody would find that hard to pass on.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Basketball is just so much more of an even playing field. I wouldn't mind if they took some of the salary pool dedicated to football and gave it to basketball. Clearly looking at SL, a high salary doesn't equal results. That said, being able to pay Grant just over 1 million, say 1.2 million, would put us around lower power conference schools. Being able to fend off lower P5 schools would be great. I know people say he wouldn't leave unless for Baylor but let's be honest, if a school offered 2 million, more than 3 times his current salary, anybody would find that hard to pass on.

Agreed. One or two players can literally carry a team to the Dance. If we get alum to support it we need to get the NIL for men’s basketball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Why not replace Littrell with Colby Carthel for McCasland’s $600k and pay McCasland Littrell’s $1.35M?

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I also feel Grant believes he has a lot more to accomplish and build here. I don't think he's satisfied with just making it to the Round of 32.

• Upvote 4

At some point, people will notice North Texas Basketball.  It hasn’t happened after consecutive conference championships.  It hasn’t happened after the best conference start in program history and an 8 game win streak.  It hasn’t happened with the best coach in our history.  

Maybe it will happen.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1