Modern Throwback Tee

MeanGreen22

• MeanGreen22 changed the title to Modern Throwback Tee

True, Voertman's did have huge merchandising issues for North Texas gear in the 1980's. They, together with the old campus bookstore exploited a monopoly. They both had crappy gear, bought in very limited quantities, and sold it at enormous markups.

Our school moniker is the "Mean Green". We have a very specific pantone of green.

Here is Voertman's entire tee shirt selection. Please notice the pricing and the horrid color options:

https://voertmans.textbooktech.com/merchandise/t-shirts-1?sort=newest&limit=48

Notice any issue with supplying gear for the "Mean Green"?

Oh, and the only green shirt (pastel sherbert green) has stock of two: 1 small, and 1 xl

Dairy-Free Lime Sherbet

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

Jeez Louise the complaining about a private business doing private business things again.  Start your own tshirt company, get licensed and make what you want or stop complaining.  

I love and appreciate Voertmans for surviving and serving the NT community.  If we didn’t have them there’d be a huge void.  

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

18 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Jeez Louise the complaining about a private business doing private business things again.  Start your own tshirt company, get licensed and make what you want or stop complaining.  

I love and appreciate Voertmans for surviving and serving the NT community.  If we didn’t have them there’d be a huge void.  

I believe this has been tried before, by folks on this very board.   Have you seen the cost of getting “licensed”?   It is FAR from cheap.  

And @ADLER’s point still stands.  Our school’s on campus (or campus adjacent) spirit wear providers have been historically bad about offering North Texas clothes in all kinds of colors that are not our traditional ones.  The Barnes and Noble on campus has come a LONG way since just 20 years ago, but a quick check of their website still finds you shirts in navy blue, orange, salmon, and other goofy colors.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

If they were just a nice family business it would be one thing but they have been squashing competition and colluding with the University bookstore to be a damn monopoly for a century.  They’ve made it literally impossible for anyone else to get in the game and it’s time for it to stop.  It is hurting our fans and puts an artificial ceiling on our support.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ADLER said:

True, Voertman's did have huge merchandising issues for North Texas gear in the 1980's. They, together with the old campus bookstore exploited a monopoly. They both had crappy gear, bought in very limited quantities, and sold it at enormous markups.

Our school moniker is the "Mean Green". We have a very specific pantone of green.

Here is Voertman's entire tee shirt selection. Please notice the pricing and the horrid color options:

https://voertmans.textbooktech.com/merchandise/t-shirts-1?sort=newest&limit=48

Notice any issue with supplying gear for the "Mean Green"?

Oh, and the only green shirt (pastel sherbert green) has stock of two: 1 small, and 1 xl

Dairy-Free Lime Sherbet

It’s not that deep. They’re just trying to do some one-off fun limited run shirts..

And they’re a book store that primary services college students. Naturally, they’re gonna have a wide variety of shirts. Are they suppose to have nothing but green shirts with eagles on them? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

For a FAIR AND UNBIASED COMPARISON, please compare the merchandise at the Marshall University Bookstore.

PLEASE VIEW ALL FOUR PAGES

https://www.bkstr.com/marshallstore/search/keyword/green%20shirt?pageNumber=1&orderBy=0

We both use the same pantone of green.

If green clothing is so hard for these stores to acquire, then why does our competition seem to have no problem.

And of course, Beat UTEP!

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

53 minutes ago, ADLER said:

For a FAIR AND UNBIASED COMPARISON, please compare the merchandise at the Marshall University Bookstore.

PLEASE VIEW ALL FOUR PAGES

https://www.bkstr.com/marshallstore/search/keyword/green%20shirt?pageNumber=1&orderBy=0

We both use the same pantone of green.

If green clothing is so hard for these stores to acquire, then why does our competition seem to have no problem.

So basically 4 pages of the same shirt? Idk if you know this about business, but you sell what it is in demand. And Voertmans had issues previously with selling merchandise that was nothing but generic T-shirts. So they branched out to other shirt types, designs, etc. Seems to work since they’re already down to less than 20 of these limited run shirts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

So basically 4 pages of the same shirt? Idk if you know this about business, but you sell what it is in demand. And Voertmans had issues previously with selling merchandise that was nothing but generic T-shirts. So they branched out to other shirt types, designs, etc. Seems to work since they’re already down to less than 20 of these limited run shirts. 

How many did they start with?

• Upvote 1

To a certain extent every school's Book Store has stuff not in their school's colors.  I know I've seen shit like green USC shirts and pink UCLA shirts around Los Angeles.  But it is the exception rather than the rule.  NT seems the opposite at times.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

For those that like a good throwback but with some modernization

Probably a long shot but I am trying to get this shirt tomorrow to wear to the game. The issue I have is that I wont be in denton until 6ish (Voertmans is closed at 5). Therefore, I was wondering if any body would give me an "alley-oop" and pick this Shirt up for me and give it to me at the game I will pay for the shirt online so all you would need to do is pick it up for me.. If anyone is running to Voertmans tomorrow and willing let me know

Edited by Victorygreen04
  • Upvote 1

I dont really have a problem with this shirt. Throwback and retro college tees are extremely popular right now. Just look what Homefield Apparel is doing every week when they "drop" a new school and all of their retro tees (I've definitely emailed them about carrying UNT gear, they responded in a way that made it sound like later this year). 

I agree that Rally House is the place to buy retro stuff currently. They have Flying Worm stuff from '47 Brand that is far superior to anything Voertmans will release.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

On a side note, Rally House has some really good gear. 

19862328-1.jpg?tx=w_700,h_1000

Popular shirt for obvious reasons...not just a cheap printed white undershirt billed as "throwback".

Rally House has these at their central warehouse but has sold out at their area stores.

https://www.rallyhouse.com/Nike-North-Texas-Mean-Green-Green-Core-Basketball-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt-19862328?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgP6PBhDmARIsAPWMq6nBXpE_kFVXIZ9RxmbMjuh_OhX2kw7dpS2RjoNkC4gthjr7sOq2olIaAsf4EALw_wcB

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Should’ve known better with all the “GREEN OR DIE” folks. 

I'm not trying to curb your enthusiasm MG22.

It's just that so many of us have been pleading with Voertman's to actually care for the last 40 years and have always been met with the same results. Nothing. Effort does matter and Voertman's has a long established history not giving a rat's tail.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I'm not trying to curb your enthusiasm MG22.

It's just that so many of us have been pleading with Voertman's to actually care for the last 40 years and have always been met with the same results. Nothing. Effort does matter and Voertman's has a long established history not giving a rat's tail.

I have no issue with Voertman's they always carry on field apparel that the football team wears... (not all things worn on field obviously...but some)

Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

• Upvote 2