emmitt01

27 minutes ago, keith said:

Name is immaterial.  Our student numbers is a strength that we need to capitalize on at any cost.  Can you imagine the Super Pit if the dorms, fraternity/sorority houses and surrounding student housing emptied during home games and 4-5 thousand+ *students* were there?  Talk about a rocking atmosphere and home court advantage! 

Agree.
They could change the name every single season if they want to...  If it gets filled with rowdy students that contribute to a home-court advantage, it's a good thing.

• Upvote 2

I mean, I think the Pit Crew moniker is more clever and original too - but I’m just glad to see an organized student section back no matter what the name. They bring great, much needed energy to the Pit. The rest of the crowd feeds off of them + the Pep Band. Brings back great memories of the organic Pit Crew growth in the JJ’s era. 

Grant and the player guests the previous two Coaches Show at Rudy’s have been telling people how much they appreciate their efforts. That’s the most important thing. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, drex said:

...and little credit given to the Eagle Patrol...yes, the Eagle Patrol from the Blakeley era who wore green hard hats and raised hell at home and at some away games.  They were thrown out of McFarland after they rolled out a big banner saying 'SMU Sucks.'

Don't forget The Mean Green Dunk Club during the early 1980's.

7 hours ago, drex said:

...and little credit given to the Eagle Patrol...yes, the Eagle Patrol from the Blakeley era who wore green hard hats and raised hell at home and at some away games.  They were thrown out of McFarland after they rolled out a big banner saying 'SMU Sucks.'

If at first you don't succeed.  I think this should be attempted again.

4 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Don't forget The Mean Green Dunk Club during the early 1980's.

8 hours ago, drex said:

Love these, and second the hard hats.

You have my permission to be ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2022 at 7:56 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

how long has the Pit Crew been dormant? I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Maniacs had no idea the Pit Crew was a thing and developed their own student section. 

The Pit Crew is a time honored TRADITION sir!!  How dare you disparage their good name by suggesting that, just because they had not been in existence prior to the early 2000's and have not been heard from in the past few years, they are not fresh on the minds of everyone.   

American Housewife Slap GIF by ABC Network

Edited by emmitt01
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, southsideguy said:

We need to be pulling in crowds like we did for the CBI finals.  The gym was rocking for those games.

Indeed. But it was the AD who failed to capitalize on it. He should have been promoting the program  and the Pit Crew from the beginning.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5